I've never met a smooth, quiet 2 stroke engine

rad1

Local time
8:19 PM
Have you? I had to wear earplugs on a Puch Maxi I owned. I am leaning towards a 4 stroke motorized bike, but understand the mounting systems are generally not very good for those engines.

Any comments?

4 strokes can be mounted just as securely as a 2 stroke. Now 2 strokes can generally fit into smaller places.

As for the noise our regular 2 stroke builders here can have your engine sounding like a blender.

4 strokes can be mounted just as securely as a 2 stroke. Now 2 strokes can generally fit into smaller places.

As for the noise our regular 2 stroke builders here can have your engine sounding like a blender.

If it's smooth and quiet you're after electric is the way to go for sure.
Don't want electric, but I am interested in a well mounted 4-stroke. Any specific recommendations on the good mounting system?

That's going to depend on your bike and what kind of mount you want, mid frame, rear rack etc
Current bike is a GT steel frame, though it is a smaller frame and probably won't fit a 4 stroke. Mid frame is the type of mounting I want, so I need to get a larger steel frame for that. What mid frame mounting are you familiar with that is sufficiently or very sturdy?

Current bike is a GT steel frame, though it is a smaller frame and probably won't fit a 4 stroke. Mid frame is the type of mounting I want, so I need to get a larger steel frame for that. What mid frame mounting are you familiar with that is sufficiently or very sturdy?
Huffy cranbrooks are cheap and strong. Just dont get one with a drink holder. Heard it snaps the frame at the screw holes when they have a drink holder. Granite peak if you want a mountian bike. Cheap and steel both of them.

Huffy cranbrooks are cheap and strong. Just dont get one with a drink holder. Heard it snaps the frame at the screw holes when they have a drink holder. Granite peak if you want a mountian bike. Cheap and steel both of them.
Finding a reasonable bike is necessary, but the actual motor mount that really does the job properly is the main question.

Back