Engine Trouble Jap crap

Thanks i will try the jets and my seal is leaking on the clutch cover.
Oh i was talking about the gasket on the cover your talking about the rubber round one dont i need the tool to take the gear off to replace that seal.its a new motor i probably have about 100 miles on it.i probably shouldn't have upgraded motor yet huh.also the larger gear wiggles a little should it do that.probably to soon to run 20to1 also.i have only rode it a couple miles with upgraded parts up hill it runs smooth and way quieter.on the flats and down hill loud and 4stroking.the clutch is so bad with fuel i have to clean it almost every time i start it.it seaps right out the cover and actually bubles so pressure is leaking out too.

Last edited:
Oh i was talking about the gasket on the cover your talking about the rubber round one dont i need the tool to take the gear off to replace that seal.its a new motor i probably have about 100 miles on it.i probably shouldn't have upgraded motor yet huh.also the larger gear wiggles a little should it do that.probably to soon to run 20to1 also.i have only rode it a couple miles with upgraded parts up hill it runs smooth and way quieter.on the flats and down hill loud and 4stroking.the clutch is so bad with fuel i have to clean it almost every time i start it.it seaps right out the cover and actually bubles so pressure is leaking out too.
Deffinatly the rubber seal if you see pressure blowing fuel out,yes you need to use the removal tool it should have came with the kit,the large clutch gear has play in it and is normal to wiggle around a bit.

I think the problem is 2 part.
1.Four stroking and excessive fuel use. Carb. is not closing off fuel at the float needle, carb is not jetted properly, or both.
2. fuel in clutch housing. Crank seal not sealing properly. The seal leaking can also be caused by the float needle not sealing properly and allowing to much raw fuel into the case. The raw fuel is hard to compress and so the seal blows.

In my experiences engines with a bad crank seal tend to run lean rather than the 4 stroking caused by a rich condition that you are experiencing, and that is why I think your problem is 2 part. Replace the seal, clean the carb, then see if jetting is needed.

Deffinatly the rubber seal if you see pressure blowing fuel out,yes you need to use the removal tool it should have came with the kit,the large clutch gear has play in it and is normal to wiggle around a bit.
Thank you.someone else said to adjust the float i have a knock off hp or delarto can you even adjust the float i dont see anything on people doing that.there is no pin adjustment on it eather.im getting new jets too just to have them just in case.im sure its just the seal i hope.

I think the problem is 2 part.
1.Four stroking and excessive fuel use. Carb. is not closing off fuel at the float needle, carb is not jetted properly, or both.
2. fuel in clutch housing. Crank seal not sealing properly. The seal leaking can also be caused by the float needle not sealing properly and allowing to much raw fuel into the case. The raw fuel is hard to compress and so the seal blows.

In my experiences engines with a bad crank seal tend to run lean rather than the 4 stroking caused by a rich condition that you are experiencing, and that is why I think your problem is 2 part. Replace the seal, clean the carb, then see if jetting is needed.

I've seen the seals put in upside down from factory, and seen them break on nearly new engines, you'll want to replace it. Change the float height and examine the valve that shuts the fuel off when the carb bowl fills.
I have a new hp or delarto knockoff can you adjust the floats on that it dont have the pin like the stock carb.

The delloroto's generally don't have float problems. They do tend to run rich though. Do the seal first and clean the carb. especially the float needle and fuel inlet. then go from there.

I've seen the seals put in upside down from factory, and seen them break on nearly new engines, you'll want to replace it. Change the float height and examine the valve that shuts the fuel off when the carb bowl fills.
I have a new hp or delarto knock off it dont have the pin on top to adjust it has the flat plate.can you adjust the float on those.

Does anybody know why im getting fuel in my clutch.i have too fix it everytime i jump it.also my engine bogs its been doing it since day one.so i got a racing carb.racing exaust racing high compression head.still runs like sh*t.loud four stroking on flat ground and down hill it kicks in and runs fine up hill.i was thinking maybe the jets.
Your side seal beneath your mag is defective need to replace in a hurry before engine death cost about $7.00 then shipping for now take your bottom forward bolt out to prevent mag and vid shirt out.

Back