Engine Trouble Jap crap

Your side seal beneath your mag is defective need to replace in a hurry before engine death cost about $7.00 then shipping for now take your bottom forward bolt out to prevent mag and vid shirt out.
Ya kinda lost me are you talking about the crank case seals.im new at this s**t lol.

I have a new hp or delarto knock off it dont have the pin on top to adjust it has the flat plate.can you adjust the float on those.

You will not need to adjust the float, just make sure it's not rubbing or touching the bowl and you are good to go. You will probably have to jet down, the stock (#70) jet is often times too rich.

I've seen the seals put in upside down from factory, and seen them break on nearly new engines, you'll want to replace it. Change the float height and examine the valve that shuts the fuel off when the carb bowl fills.
I agree completely: FLOAT VALVE. You should turn off the fuel when the engine isn't running, too.
As for the so called performance carbs, the Delorto clones, I have 2 brand new ones, and neither of them work correctly. I even tried swapping just about everything between them, and still, neither of them would work. But they are $10, the original Delorto's which I assume work fine are $80, you get what you pay for. And they won't improve your performance by anything meaningful, anyway, go with the original carb, at least those clones work most of the time.

If you pm me, I have 2 brand new Delorto clones you can have for free for parts. I'll even throw in the performance air filter that was too big to clear the frame on my bike.
And as for the air filter, since the performance one wouldn't fit, and the original was just 3 metal screens, I took that apart, and ca glued some real filter foam to the one that was in the middle, the one with the big holes, and used that, it was much less restrictive, and actually did something.

Last edited:
I would also run the fuel out of the carb when you park for the evening. Run it with the fuel shut off until it dies.

I would also run the fuel out of the carb when you park for the evening. Run it with the fuel shut off until it dies.
That I disagree with. Remember, the oil that lubricates the engine is in the fuel. Leaning out a 2 stroke engine like that should be avoided, it's really bad for them. There is a drain on the side of the carburetor for that, but you shouldn't have to do that unless you are storing the engine. They start to over speed as they run out of fuel, running too lean, and without lubrication.
My old off road racing motorcycle seized up at almost 100mph when I let the throttle off to slow down, just like that.

That I disagree with. Remember, the oil that lubricates the engine is in the fuel. Leaning out a 2 stroke engine like that should be avoided, it's really bad for them. There is a drain on the side of the carburetor for that, but you shouldn't have to do that unless you are storing the engine. They start to over speed as they run out of fuel, running too lean, and without lubrication.

I suppose draining the fuel with the fuel shut off is good too. But leaning the engine out by shutting off the fuel while running does not compute. It is still getting the same fuel mixture. So by your logic shutting the fuel off while running takes the oil out of the equation??? That doesn't make any sense.

The oil for the crankcase is in the fuel, there is no oil sump, like a 4 stroke: no gas = no oil.

Back