Just died. Felt like it ran out of gas

charlienameless

Local time
6:37 PM
Built this winter. Finally able to run without freezing my face off. Still burning my first mix of break in gas/oil. Ran to the park last week AOK. Running and idling really well. This week ran to park, cruised around headed home and it felt like it ran out of gas. Sounded right because I didn't check before I left. Still has half a tank. Pedaled home, mile and half on a single speed beach cruiser. Holy smokes!. Lots of fuel on the plug, verified all connections. Too wiped out to trouble shoot tonight. Maybe new plug tomorrow? Do CDI's just crap out like that? Any obvious things I may be missing?

go thru trouble shooting list & be sure motor is still tight in frame

Built this winter. Finally able to run without freezing my face off. Still burning my first mix of break in gas/oil. Ran to the park last week AOK. Running and idling really well. This week ran to park, cruised around headed home and it felt like it ran out of gas. Sounded right because I didn't check before I left. Still has half a tank. Pedaled home, mile and half on a single speed beach cruiser. Holy smokes!. Lots of fuel on the plug, verified all connections. Too wiped out to trouble shoot tonight. Maybe new plug tomorrow? Do CDI's just crap out like that? Any obvious things I may be missing?
CDI's don't cause fuel on the plug as far as i know.
Check your float spring thingy, and check your Jet Size.

Too much fuel it seems you're getting. What would cause that you may ask, search that and your answer may be right in front of you.
"Lots of fuel on the plug" check your carb then check it again, something seems to be amiss thereabouts.

Thanks. I was thinking the fuel on the plug was from trying to start it over and over with no spark. I'm going to go over everything again today.

Yes CDIs do had one lasted maybe 2 weeks from factory got 4 spares if you got 5 bucks and postage I'll ship it.

Back