Kinda of dumb question

May e they could just add larger cooling fins. That would help
Heat is really not that much of a "biggy" problem after breakin and if your not abusing the crap out of it always wanting WOT...It is as @ImpulseRocket has already described,

I actually prefer it as a one piece jug after having a P-85 for over a year now.
Singles have their up sides. One big one being that they have one less gasket to fail. The 2 pc. design will be more ideal for the hot rodders out there, like me. Being able to run a better head for cooling would be nice, and it allows more options for correcting squish and port timing as desired as well as better access to the upper transfers for those brave enough to alter them.

Honestly, I would take a 1pc. jug with larger/better/more cooling fins to make it more suitable for non-forced air cooling. Heck, give me CD110 cooling fins on a Phantom.

Singles have their up sides. One big one being that they have one less gasket to fail. The 2 pc. design will be more ideal for the hot rodders out there, like me. Being able to run a better head for cooling would be nice, and it allows more options for correcting squish and port timing as desired as well as better access to the upper transfers for those brave enough to alter them.
You GO for it big guy...lol...I am just happy that mine runs great and does what I want it to do as effortlessly as it does...More than enough power and torque for a sane, "chronologically gifted" guy like me...lol...I will leave the hot dogging for you "youngsters"...Just let me know what hospital to send the get well soon card and flowers to...lol...lol.

One big one being that they have one less gasket to fail.
And one less air gap to contend with...lol.

You GO for it big guy...lol...I am just happy that mine runs great and does what I want it to do as effortlessly as it does...More than enough power and torque for a sane, "chronologically gifted" guy like me...lol...I will leave the hot dogging for you "youngsters"...Just let me know what hospital to send the get well soon card and flowers to...lol...lol.

And one less air gap to contend with...lol.
My interest is purely for cooling purposes more than performance. I am quite happy with the Phantom ports mostly as they are, other than port matching the intake and cleaning up the edges.

From what I've heard the Phantom sounds perfect. It runs beautifully at 30ish mph and has tons of torque. There gets a certain point where these are no longer bicycles

From what I've heard the Phantom sounds perfect. It runs beautifully at 30ish mph and has tons of torque. There gets a certain point where these are no longer bicycles
It's a perfect road bike engine for building a commuter as long as you aren't trying to go 50mph, even though it can. A 36 tooth rear sprocket on a 26" wheel keeps the revs in a great spot of the power curve between peak torque and horsepower (31mph at 6000rpm) allows you to cruise along at part throttle at a good speed to keep the airflow across the engine strong. It's a perfect balance of throttle input, RPM, and speed. People get too fixated on how fast something will go and they ignore the real beneficial aspects of its performance.

Back