Lawn mower rearend

Does the axle have a disengagement so if something went wrong, you could pedal if needed?

Yes it does have a disengagement, but you will need to have some sort of bracket to hold it back (it usually clips into the frame to hold it in place).
But if you have totally destroyed it, the freewheel might not work.
Or you could shift it into neutral.

you could use a slightly longer belt between the tranny and engine and have a small moveable pulley to take up the slack to engage/disengage it

mike

I actually have the whole lawn mower. It doesn't run the starter and battery are missing. I could buy a new starter and battery but, I don't want to spend $200 on a mower I can't use (yard isn't big enough) or get my money out of if I sold it. So I could actually use the entire lawn mower frame if I wanted to and just cut it up with the sawzall. Would also give me a great place to mount a smaller engine but, I think the frame would be too heavy for the bike.

Today I had a guy email me and offer me an 8.5 hp side shaft motor with electric start! :eek: I'm so thinking this would be way overkill for a push trailer but, would be fun to ride. Would definatley have to be careful and gear it right but, hills would be nothing and could maintain 20 mph with a load with no problem. What do you all think?

Back