Long Ride On My Two Stroke Motorized Bike | Nightmare Strikes Again

yuckfoo

Local time
3:10 AM
It's the day before Halloween and the aptly named Nightmare is yet to be tamed. We head out to the quiet, more tree lined roads, seeking the less travelled places, old stone houses, and the changing leaves of Mid-Autumn. Enjoy the view and stick around to the end when Nightmare decides she's had enough of country life for the day.

Hoping some of you will give a good listen to the motor after I lowered the needle and let me know what you think.

It's the day before Halloween and the aptly named Nightmare is yet to be tamed. We head out to the quiet, more tree lined roads, seeking the less travelled places, old stone houses, and the changing leaves of Mid-Autumn. Enjoy the view and stick around to the end when Nightmare decides she's had enough of country life for the day.

I want commend you on the video. Great job. Next video be sure when you do the pre ride walk around to high light the shift kit and explain it. I'm so very proud of you for coming to complete stops at stop signs.

A couple of suggestions I have is to get a techometer. This way you aren't in to high of a gear that puts the engine and transmission under a strain.

Next consider building a 4 speed freewheel. This will reduce the amount of lateral stress on the chain from cross chaining. It'll also give you bigger jumps between the gears. Get a 6 speed freewheel with a lock ring for the 2 stage core. Then put sprockets (28,22,18,14) on it. After that all you'll have to do is set the high limiter screw on the rear derailleur so it won't shift past 4.

I want commend you on the video. Great job. Next video be sure when you do the pre ride walk around to high light the shift kit and explain it. I'm so very proud of you for coming to complete stops at stop signs.

A couple of suggestions I have is to get a techometer. This way you aren't in to high of a gear that puts the engine and transmission under a strain.

Next consider building a 4 speed freewheel. This will reduce the amount of lateral stress on the chain from cross chaining. It'll also give you bigger jumps between the gears. Get a 6 speed freewheel woth a lock ring for the 2 stage core. Then put sprockets (28,22,18,14) on it. After that all you'll have to do is set the high limiter screw on the rear derailleur so it won't shift past 4.
Thank you. I find that gears 6 (18 tooth) and 7 (14 tooth) don't seem to do much at all. Depending on the incline of the road, I need 1, 2 and 3, for the level roads I need 3 and 4 and I need 5 if I'm trying to go as fast as I can, which, is not really my concern at all other than I'd like to know what the top speed is. By "need" I mean, that's the way it seems to me. The only time 6 or 7 would be useful in my estimation is if I was on a very long very level road with no lights or stop signs to slow me down. Even then, the speed limit on one of these in my state is 25 mph. I can't really do 35 mph for extended periods of time.

I'm loving this bike. I subscribed to your channel. You put a lot work and ingenuity into this bike. In the video Mongoose to Motorized #14, you showed some barrel ends for the cable. Where did you find those?

I'm loving this bike. I subscribed to your channel. You put a lot work and ingenuity into this bike. In the video Mongoose to Motorized #14, you showed some barrel ends for the cable. Where did you find those?

Thank you and thanks for the sub. I got them on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/304073160097

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back