Making friends

A guy in a Ducati 1098 was all pulled up next to Cronus by the bike rack off the street when I walked out of the mall. His bike was sweet,okay? But he kept staring at the jackshaft and just everything.
I startled him a bit when I said Hi and man did he have questions.
Motorcycle riders appreciate us.
They just do.

I'm sure when they were kids they wanted a motored bike too! But now that they are older and can afford fancier toys, they have motorcycles. But they can still appreciate the whimsy of a motored bike.

Yup, I still find it rather strange at how most kids for the past couple generations have thought about & wanted motorized bicycles, but it wasn't that much of a reality until this site came about. We all know it's THE way to ride.

I'd just like to say thanks to Tom & Augidog for making the dreams of our childhoods come true! You guys are friggin' awesome!!

See that's just it. Motoredbikes are the fountain of youth. A car,motorcycle,truck or even a scooter says grown up adult now.
When I'm riding my motoredbike,I think about when I was 14 pedaling my BMX bike miles away from home just to see how far I can go,and all that went away as soon as I got my first car.
Every time....EVERY TIME I ride my bike,I feel like that kid again.

i went for a ride the other night and when i got home a kid (21 or 22) on a non motored bike pulls in yelling HEY YOUR THE GUY THAT HAS ONE OF THESE THINGS, he then proceeds to tell me that he has one he got used for $100 but he was having a problem keeping the chain on and asked me if i could take a look at it. SO i took a look at it and it was in major need of overhaul. SO i pulled everything off and started from scratch he had a 6mm bolt drilled through the frame for a front mount that was all bent to...well you get it. so 6 and a half hours a different frame a lot of new bolts a couple of homade gaskets and a few knockle scraps his bike is up and running like new. NOW i'm his new hero and he calls almost everyday to see if i want to go for a ride. i'm apparently a genious to this kid which is ok to me.. he also thinks i'm crazy for going 40 km's an hour on a trail that was made for quads. but now i never have to ride alone if i don't want to

I try be as nice as i can when i ride, when there are people walking on the path i slow down as i pass them even though im 3m away just so they dont get a high pitch noise in there ears. I try smile and wave to as many people as i can to make sure they dont think im a annoying little kid flying up and down the street, im a nice kid thats just havin fun. IT WORKS!!!

Ive had my bike for a week and loving it, ive ridden about 50km so far just going up and down my street everyday for about 20mins ( going to go on a big ride tomorrow morning, 20km or more.) Ive just bought a 9 function bike computer and got to a max of 41km/h today. It was head-on winds ( 15-20 knots ) and cold so it wasnt going as fast as it could, it will probably go about 45-50km full speed but i travel at around 30-35km.

Ive said my bit lol,

Have fun guys, cya!

I help an elderly guy (78) on Social Security Disability who has had a lifelong learning disability. His wife passed away a few years ago, she was wheelchair-bound and spent nearly all her waking hours in a powered chair. The two of them could be seen around Tucson on the chair, she driving, he standing on the rear "wheelie" bars. The chair was maintained by insurance money, so when she passed, so did the free maintenance. He quickly reduced the chair to scrap, trying to do his own ill-conceived repairs and mods. I offered to build him an electric trike and he took to the idea. We bought an old 20 inch girl's Rollfast trike and then took it to Spooky Tooth for expert advice. Mr. R, the owner was a saint in allowing my buddy to make payments on the hub motor kit. I installed the kit, replacing the front fork to allow room for the motor. My buddy now has a zippy way to run errands, because of his disability he has LOTS of errands. He has almost trashed the whole thing attempting to modify my installation. He calls Spooky with requests/complaints. He doesn't know how to thank anyone, but its ok. A false friend and a shadow attend only when the sun shines. He loves the attention he gets, I love to watch the public reaction. That alone is plenty reward. Roland at Spooky deserves a medal for his help and updating my install. Maybe when I'm besotted by time, someone might help me build a trike.

Back