Engine Trouble More trouble..

i have a question. now that i got it off i want to put it back on. i remember which side of the magnet faces out but how does the key go back? its got a flat side and a cemi- circled side. i put the magnet back on the shaft then stick the key in the slot hole with the rounded cemi circle side towards the shaft or towards the magnet?

Youl need to order like 3 new seals and in not kidding because youl plobley screw up the first two.
What we used to do is get a socket the size of the seal and lay the seal flat on a level surface then get the socket and lay it on top of the seal. Hit it one time with a hammer and it should seal correctly like that it takes a little experience.
I already told you how to remount the magnet read back. Ill see ya later.

okay so i didnt superglue it but i think the magnets on properly. i was wondering should there be a bit of play if i pull on the magnet it comes out a half a centemeter with the shaft and pulls back in when i let go?

bike wont start ughhhhh god **** coil is shot probably. is there a way to fix the coils instead of replacing them? how exactly does a bit of oil/ water ruin a magneto coil? Just realized that the kill switch has been connected to the black and .. get this.. the blue wire ............. ****in guy who assembled the bike was a moron. So I am presuming that is why roughly about a week to 2 weeks would pass then my magneto would stop producing a spark. i would buy a new one magneto and it would work again like magic. So the kill switch needs to connect with the black and the white wire right? #@%!@

Last edited:
no. black and blue wires is correct.

though. i also have had two coils fry in the last two weeks, after having no issues for so long its annoying... didnt have the killswitch hooked up with the 2nd one.

im sorta starting to think it might be the cdi itself. it did come with the dodgiest kit ive bought so far... im suspicious, anyway... :unsure: all i can do is change it :eek:

oh my god... see this is why im so confused.. i really dont know what is killing my magneto's.. im losing them at the same rate.. to fast. 3rd one in a month now its really bugging me. the first time i lost my magneto coil i was riding my bike and the boot for the spark plug fell off due to wind and vibrating at high speeds.. and of course the bike chug chug chug pop stopped.. i put the boot back on and drove home.. and the bike was acting funny all the way home.. then stopped all together and turned out the magneto was dead. and then 2 more magneto's died in the next 3-4 following weeks. maybe that initial boot falling off fried my cdi and now the cdi is killing magneto's? also my seal as i said is broken so a very small amount of oil gets threw to my magneto from the crank shaft so it could be that? id love to talk to someone on here who knows these engines up down left right inside out.. over the phone and ask them a bunch of things about this.

i mentioned on some thread you replied to...what plug are you using? is it a R series? with a resistor? like bp R 6hs...

ive been running no boot either...so no resistor there. and with a bp7hs i keep frying magnetos too now :( this has only started happening since changing bikes hence boots.

so my experiment shall be trying the bpR6hs i got yesterday... shame it takes a few weeks to really know...

im getting vague memories of a $330 cdi unit for a honda ct110 frying because of the same reason... the boot fell apart, wired lead straight to plug... 2km later i was walking home :( that would have been a d8hs it used... no resistor again.

guy at the moto shop agreed when i went in...

"bpr5hs"

"i got a bp5hs, it just doesnt have the resistor"

"i need the resistor"

"what bike is it?"

"me motorised pushie that keeps frying cdis cus i dont have space to use a proper boot"

"yeah, ok, youll want a resistor in the plug"

"thats what i said..."

"not many motos take "b" any more... when you gunna get a real bike?"

"yeah, as long as its got a B, an R and a H i dont care what it is :) i get me license back in 4 months :) "

"was that you that overtook me the other day? you running nitrous in that thing?"

"na, just fiddled a bit :)"

"wanna fiddle with me car?"

"no"

Back