motor bogs down when using filter

Being a divorced/single guy, That would be tough for me to try to explain when I'm at church and folks start asking just exactly what i'm doing with girls panty hose on my bike...lol...lol.
You're supposed to cut a small piece of it to use. Not slap on the toe and have the rest of it streaming behind you.

All jokes aside, I have the opposite problem. Bofeng carb. Purchased the same filter @DAMIEN1307 linked to.

With it on , top end is at least 20% lower and four strokes like a b**ch at WOT. Move the needle? I can do mechanics but I'm a long stretch from even an amateur at tuning 2 stroke engines.

EDIT: The needle doesn't affect WOT so I guess I need a jet kit. Richer or leaner?

My bike doesn't clear its throat until it's running under a load, accelerating or climbing. If you lean it out to run smooth at low RPM, it won't be getting enough fuel to pull a load at higher RPMs.

So I usually run my carb without an air filter for better performance but today i wanted to go on a trail which is very sandy and I didn't want any sand going into the motor so i put the filter back on and tried to rid it like normal but the motor just bogs down at around 10mph and after a few second it'll stop running so i took of the air filter to test it again and it ran like normal so i think the air filter is severely restricting airflow to the motor, so what should I do to stop the bike from bogging down or how do I not let sand get in to the motor without using the stock air filter? OR should i just not use a filter at all.
Try raising the clip on the carb needle see if it helps

should I just not use a filter at all.
Have you ever watched a chainsaw competition? The carbs are set up with velocity stacks, no filter. I asked a guy if he was concerned about sucking in debris. He said that the saw has about 10 seconds to eat as much as it wants. ;-)

Back