Motor mount problems

Pstayne

Local time
7:58 PM
I have a question about how I can mount my motor to my 26 inch mountain bike, the rear mount works fine but the bottom mount is far too small, I’m sure some of you have ran into this problem I’ll post pictures in a bit.

You need a piece of flat bar, probably 2" x 3" or 50 mm x 75 mm which ever measurement you prefer, and a small muffler clamp. I find the 1.5" ones are the right size but you should measure your down tube to be sure. On one side of the flat drill two holes the same distance apart as the studs on your engine, on the other side of the flat drill two holes the same distance apart as the muffler clamp. Bolt the flat to your engine with the studs and then put the muffler clamp around the down tube and bolt it up.

Also my last motor allowed the head to be turned around so that the spark plug is facing the rear, this motor has no option for that

You need a piece of flat bar, probably 2" x 3" or 50 mm x 75 mm which ever measurement you prefer, and a small muffler clamp. I find the 1.5" ones are the right size but you should measure your down tube to be sure. On one side of the flat drill two holes the same distance apart as the studs on your engine, on the other side of the flat drill two holes the same distance apart as the muffler clamp. Bolt the flat to your engine with the studs and then put the muffler clamp around the down tube and bolt it up.
the stud spacing is too short

Here is a horror show

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 194
That's where the flat bar goes, the muffler clamp goes around the bike. I'll show you some parts, I have to go find them.

Here this may help. Not sure where my heavy flat bar is right now but this piece should give you an idea.

Attachments

• 20200425_161632.jpg
    20200425_161632.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 20200425_162232.jpg
    20200425_162232.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 156
Back