Crashes motorized biker killed in hit and run

Stand up and be a man...

A lot of the problem of people throwing stuff out of car windows along with other dumb things comes down to upbringing period. They were never taught the difference between right and wrong. The only discipline they received as kids was probably a "time out" instead of the *** beating they deserved. My father was not afraid to use the belt on me and to honest I deserved every beating I got. I also learned that other peoples feeling do matter. It is just wrong to cause pain for somebody for absolutely no reason at all. I also learned to stand up and be a man if I did something wrong. I have to admit I was a slow learner but I learned. Many of the young people today have not been taught the basic things one needs to know to be a productive civilized member of our society. You have to think about what your actions can do to someone else. I really don't see anything funny about bouncing a beer can off the head of somebody riding a bike. Something like that could actually cause a fatal accident. Nothing funny about that. Too many of the kids and young adults today are products of poor upbringing. This is not necessarily their fault because they were never taught anything different. I don't know how to correct the problem but I don't see it getting anything but worse in the years to come. It's sad....

Az Bill has the best advice ride as if you are invisible. Take the safer route such as behind Wal-Mart not in front where the traffic is. Stay on side roads where at all possible. People don't expect bikes to travel over 15 mph. Be safe folks and BTW if I thought I was gonna get hit I'd still ride these things are fun and you can't live in fear.

It looked like he had the right of way but that really doesn't matter now. What a shame.

Terry

That's the thing Brother's, you can have the right of way all you want, It don't matter anymore these days.

I live in a State where MB's are not fully legal. Some of these blow-holes driving are under the impression murder is, if on a ten-speed that has a motor.

I follow the V+T but have had close calls where drivers have litteraly yelled out the window, "your not supposed to have a motor on that bike anyway"!

Wish I had a ridding partner...

I wear a motorcycle jacket, gloves, helmet, motorcycle vest, helmet camera, have a reflective backpack, 900 lumen headlight, tail-light. I haven't been hit in over 2,000 miles (7 months) on my motorized bike. My average speed is 22mph. / max 31mph. I "obey" all traffic "laws". Rule number #1) Cars and trucks are bigger than me. #2) Never go faster than you're willing to fall. #3) Respect your fellow motorists. (Golden Rule).

And that's my two cents. Sorry, no horror story.

"If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is."

Last edited:
I wear a motorcycle jacket, gloves, helmet, motorcycle vest, helmet camera, have a reflective backpack, 900 lumen headlight, tail-light. I haven't been hit in over 2,000 miles (7 months) on my motorized bike. My average speed is 22mph. / max 31mph. I "obey" all traffic "laws". Rule number #1) Cars and trucks are bigger than me. #2) Never go faster than your willing to fall. #3) Respect your fellow motorists. (Golden Rule).

That's a great plan and probably the main reason you have "no horror story".

Jim

I wear a motorcycle jacket, gloves, helmet, motorcycle vest, helmet camera, have a reflective backpack, 900 lumen headlight, tail-light. I haven't been hit in over 2,000 miles (7 months) on my motorized bike. My average speed is 22mph. / max 31mph. I "obey" all traffic "laws". Rule number #1) Cars and trucks are bigger than me. #2) Never go faster than your willing to fall. #3) Respect your fellow motorists. (Golden Rule).

Don't know where you live, Come ride in Buffalo.

No horror story out of me, just pleanty of tales of ignorance on our roads.

Back