Mounting 2 stroke on early Schwinn cantilever frame bicycle

Boed

Local time
9:52 AM
I have purchased a 2 stroke engine. I was checking the engine mounting and discovered that because of the curved downtube the engine will not mount properly. The engine (front to back) is way too short. I am sure that there are some sort of adapters I could purchase (or make). Has anyone mounted an engine in an old Schwinn frame like this

Welcome to MotoredBikes.com Boed,
Yes there are mount adaptors and your engine will fit an old Schwinn
I don't have a link. But another Member will chime in after a while and show ya where to get some (y)

I have purchased a 2 stroke engine. I was checking the engine mounting and discovered that because of the curved downtube the engine will not mount properly. The engine (front to back) is way too short. I am sure that there are some sort of adapters I could purchase (or make). Has anyone mounted an engine in an old Schwinn frame like this

Just search 49cc or 66cc motor mount extenders. There's a few different styles to choose from

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back