Clutch My 66cc cracked! what do i do! clutch doesnt work properly!

Well if you cant find a welder or if it cost to much you can buy the crankcase's and rebuild the motor... If you rebuild the motor you can polish every thing up to look like chrome...www.pistonbikes.com/product-p/epcc15.htm

The disassembly and re-assembly do require some depth of mechanical knowledge...
Um I guess it requires some special tools
the tools needed were in my tool box-not special to me, but I guess not in everyone's box.

Last edited:
Well if you cant find a welder or if it cost to much you can buy the crankcase's and rebuild the motor... If you rebuild the motor you can polish every thing up to look like chrome...www.pistonbikes.com/product-p/epcc15.htm

The disassembly and re-assembly do require some depth of mechanical knowledge...
Um I guess it requires some special tools
the tools needed were in my tool box-not special to me, but I guess not in everyone's box.

Both the top screws holes for the clutch lever cover on my motor (to be clear not the cover it self but the case is broken) are ether broke off or split. This would be a good deal for me if I have said "special tools" soooo what are the special ones Ill need? thanks.

Curious minds want to know ... was it the cover that can be replaced that was broke or was it the part of the case that has the threads that the cover screw, screws into. I took your first post to read that the case itself was the piece that cracked. How did you accomplish the repair?

Sorry about the confusion guys,
the engine block itself was actually broken not the cover,
i just put two big washers on the remaining two screws on the side so the cover does not flex, and it works perfectly now.. + the chain now has more clearance and the engine vibrates less without that piece hitting the chain..

well one special tool would be a bottom bracket tool some times the motor kit comes with the removal tool you can find one at any bicycle store for taking the drive sproket and clutch asmbly off you cold pry them off if you want with a flat head screw driver...dont worry if you break off peices of the case's your replacing it any ways. and i found using an impact driver is the best for getting the flat head screws out that are behind the clutch asembly and the flat head screw that holds the smaller bevel gear onto the crank... picked one up at harbor freight for 10 bucks.... you could always drill them out, but it can be time consuming and you have to go buy more fasteners at the hardware store
and a tourqe wrench when puting it back together is worth it. i find 50-60 ft ibs works for all fasteners with these motors.
GET A GASKET KIT FOR RE-ASMBLY

Last edited:
Have all those tools but I think I might just get a new motor or maybe a new bottom end.

Well getting a new bottom end is a quick way to get back on the road.... I feel like building the motor all the way up and making modafications is most rewarding

Good Luck

back to the "replace the motor" suggestion.

once again...think of all those spares :D

Back