My bike up to now

This has been a project of mine for a couple of years now, it started out as a 66cc 2 stroke kit from bileberry on a 26" Chinese beach cruiser

I rode that bike for a little, but it never had functional brakes. Putting brakes on that bike wasn't going to be something that would be as simple as buying one part.

So, I figured if I was going to build a wheel for that bike I should get a different frame which is meant to have an engine on it.

So, over the next few months I got an in tank frame and a Springer fork (it was the wrong size, so I had to have a couple of spacers machines to take up the gap. Then I went to a bike shop and had them build a couple of wheels, the rear would use a hub which a sprocket could mount to it. The front wheel would have a Surly disc brake hub.

Had a lot of fun with this setup, I found that a dual cable brake lever works pretty well

Finally, at some point, I decided to put a 49cc 4 stroke engine on it, which didn't take very long as the rest of the bike wouldn't need any modification. To get the bike to its current state.

Funnily enough the 4 stroke exhaust that came with it didn't fit, but the stock 2 stroke exhaust fits perfectly.

My future plans for this bike include building a custom exhaust similar to The phantom bikes Longshot exhaust, except with a thread on the end so I can have thread-on cigar muffler that is removable, then I will mess with the jetting. The only other thing I plan on doing is replacing the flywheel and coil with their Honda

If anyone has any questions about the specifics feel free to ask.

Back