My bike just about dialed in.

My first post. There it is, my first bike. Hiland MTB 66cc motor cleaned up internals, port matched, NGK plug, extractor exhaust, HP carb, 52 tooth rear sprocket and modified stock muffler. Stock internals and head.
Took a long time to make this happen, watched a lot of youtube and read the forums. This one is the best by far.
A few details, the extractor on it's own was way too loud so I put the stock muffler on which killed the power so I made it into a glass pack by gutting the internals, drilling several more holes in the pipe, wrapped it loosely with expanded screen and filled the cavity with fibre glass. Works great not too loud.
The stock rear sprocket was drilled to mount on the disc brake hub but found it way too fast and had no hill climbing power so I bolted the 52 to the 44.

bike.jpg

Got a new hub and solid axle, took the wheel apart and discovered that the disc brake mount simply came unscrewed. Normal brake operation would have kept it tight, the drive sprocket unscrewed it.

Sure took a long time for it to loosen, must have been really tight. Had a hard time removing the pinch nuts in the old axle, stupid tight, so that explains that. Got the solid axle in without trouble once I finally got the old one out. Had to put a pipe wrench on the axle stub as a last resort but it came loose.

I'm going to put it back together, drill holes through the disc brake mount without going too deep, add pins to hold it in place so it can't unscrew and hope for the best for a few more rides until the weather gets really bad.

Here is one that is definitely not almost dialed in. $45 later and it's mine now. It doesn't look as nice as this picture, as it is from 2007. So toss everything except the frame add some gussets here and there, lots of new stuff and I hope to be riding it by next spring.

Attachments

• 70th_year_of_the_supercycle_in_2007.jpg
    70th_year_of_the_supercycle_in_2007.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 48
Went for a ride today, didn't make it too far. Had the el manuel peddle ride of shame back home. My mickey mouse repair didn't last too long.

Attachments

• Bike ride 23 10 23.jpg
    Bike ride 23 10 23.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 43
See my post of Oct 8. I made pins of cut off large finishing nails pushed in the holes I drilled and epoxied the whole thing together. I'm embarrassed to say it only made it a few blocks before it was freewheeling again. At first I thought the clutch was slipping so changed the pads out, still on the original pink ones. Tried again and no go. Had to take a break at that point and had a beer.

This time I tapped the holes and will make up some proper set screws and glue it together with Permatex JB Weld. This is only supposed to last for a few more rides. So this is a stop gap measure until I put the new hub in over the winter.
The weather is starting to get really rainy as usual. Every few days there may be one or two of not pouring rain but the rains don't always fit my schedule so finding a time to go riding gets harder and harder.

Must be a nice time of year where you live, not too hot but sunny every day as usual.

As far as manually peddling the thing, I wanted to get some exercise and I got a little more than I bargained for.

Must be a nice time of year where you live, not too hot but sunny every day as usual.
I am able to ride all year long out here in the high deserts of the southwest.

As far as manually peddling the thing, I wanted to get some exercise and I got a little more than I bargained for.
Yep, that ya got today...lol.

I've only been in your area a few times. I once spent a week in Santa Fe, lots of granola people there.
Too hot and dry for me to live there year round. Winter is perfect for a visit.
Many people from here go south for the winter to sit in their motor homes and play canasta.

I once spent a week in Santa Fe, lots of granola people there.
Yep, Sante Fe might as well be a part of California...The people up there are just like a Granola bar...Flaky, Fruity, and Nutty...lol...lol.

Ps...I am over 5 hours drive away from Sante Fe...I am only an hour from the US Mexican border where I am at and it is a bastion of gun carrying, God fearing, church going conservatives down here in "Hicksville" thank God...lol.

Some of the friendliest, most straight forward people I've meet are Americans.
That's what we Americans say about you Canadians as well as the Aussies...lol.

You must have never been to my old neighbourhood where I grew up in South Boston, (Southie), then...lol...lol.

Watch the movie, "The Departed" then...You will have a general idea what it was like growing up there...lol.

Ps...Only four types of people come out of Southie...Cops, criminals, Catholic priests or politicians...I was a cop...lol.
And YEP...Most of the four types I just mentioned tended to be just as corrupt as each other...lol...I even had to bust corrupt cops in my job as well, not to mention a Catholic priest or two...lol.

Back