My Long-Ride The Alaskan Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're an inspiration Augie. Let me know when you get back home and I'll treat you to breakfast at the 42nd Street Cafe in Seaview. :)

must be brief, battery low. great story of 4 men with random travel "horror-stories" meeting on ferry and making the most of it...Tommy, Tom, Toby, and i camped & par-tayed first nite, then all went separate ways...very cool sponteneous brotherhood. bummer is that the fella who has house in juneau for me is waffling and i am living in denny's storage locker. no power to recharge phone tho.

help i received from y'all is feeding me until next benefit check...basically i am financially fine...but now i am "homeless" in alaska instead of washington. denny & i will work it out and the adventure will move forward...juneau IS cool and will post picture-tour after i work out the logistics of electricity water & hygiene etc...

will be scooting to haines & 'van asap and living situation will improve (i don't like smelling like dirty laundry or seeing someone's nose wrinkle while i tell 'em about the bike...it takes a lot of the fun outta this)

Attachments

• Ships_passing.jpg
    Ships_passing.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Photo06221013.jpg
    Photo06221013.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
**** you look like a California redwood standing next too those saplings!:giggle:
great to see all is well can't wait to see you hook up with Van

Augi... what a great pic.. I was just comenting on how "bigfoot" you look next to them... hope to hear about the ups and downs in greater detail..I prayin for you that people do what they say they are gonna do..it really makes a difference when one does what he says he was gonner do... but leave the bad memories behind and remember the good ones they will outshine any negativity.. Chat at you soon and GB!

i almost dint post that pic...lol

i think the problem is not with folks wanting and trying to help, but with my need for structure. of course we all know by now i overreact to surprises, but we also know i do calm down and adapt.

i'm not too into roughing it much, i love tenting but i need the basics along with it...the basics cost extra so budgeting is everything, delays are expensive. however, this sounds weird, recoveries are turning out to be interesting episodes unto themselves, just like the camping a couple nites ago...btw, those guys (all 3 of 'em alaskan) were so gracious in helping keep my personal expenses next to nothing...tom, toby, tommy, thank you all :cool:
i did some riding today, rainy but the trailer's off and she feels like a new bike without it. learned my routes and hopeful destinations. if i can get into some dry clothes and otherwise be prepared i wanna get some glacier-time, there will be some great pics when that happens.
tonite, denny came by after work and we officially clinked beers...and in his time around MBc he has never had any stickers so i called tonite sticker nite at augie's place. he said if i called it my place he'd have to charge me rent ;)

Attachments

• Photo06232352.jpg
    Photo06232352.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Photo06232247.jpg
    Photo06232247.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 225
Looks like rain pretty much through Saturday, and clouds for a while after that. Oh well. Some pics of Denny's workshop might be interesting.

Yeah, be careful Augi. I can't believe nobody informed him that it's Sasquatch mating season. The State usually posts signs! Sweet dreams out there under the forest canopy! LOL! Poor guy will be sleeping w/one eye open now!!!

One Night in the Yolla Bolle Middle Eel Wilderness Area

Yeah, be careful Augi. I can't believe nobody informed him that it's Sasquatch mating season. The State usually posts signs! Sweet dreams out there under the forest canopy! LOL! Poor guy will be sleeping w/one eye open now!!!
Your comments remind me of a very brief story by Harlan Ellison from about 35 years ago - title referenced above. Poor guy goes solo camping, unknowing that it is sasquatch mating season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back