My Long-Ride The Alaskan Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Augi ...Fasteddy might be right..almost went to Alaska years ago..Had an opportunity to work on the Pipeline as a welder..I did not go ( long story )..the three guys that I knew left without me and never came back..still live there as far as I know..Maybe I will get up there next summer..I want to drive my jeep and stay about 3 months..have to do some figuring on how much money that will cost...So Augi have a good time and send all of us some pictures..a lot of pictures

Petersburg 7:50 local...pretty beered courtesy of rowdy locals ...wonderful wintering opportunities already...great adventures ahead for sure...new friend: www.driftfishalaska.com ...again, stay tuned for full story when i'm settled.

Attachments

• Petersburg_port.jpg
    Petersburg_port.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Petersburg_starboard.jpg
    Petersburg_starboard.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Hi Augi,

You would have to post a link for a fishing guide :D

You've got me tuned in to this thread. Maybe another way to put it would be "hooked" - no pun intended.

Ever thought about writing a book?

Mary

half-hour out of Juneau! more later :D

Attachments

• Photo06210409.jpg
    Photo06210409.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 211
Riding Again!

can't think of anything that can express what i'm feeling right now...heading for "downtown" and some breakfast with my new buddies :)

Attachments

• Sabrina_2_Alaska.jpg
    Sabrina_2_Alaska.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 280
look what i found...

Attachments

• Photo06210839.jpg
    Photo06210839.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 266
Good to know that the Red Dog is still there! I got tossed out of that joint in 1969 when the bartender finally spotted me - I was 13 at the time, and had left my Mom and Aunt down in the harbor to go explore town a bit. The place was pretty busy, and I just got a chair in a corner and the old guy at the next table just laughed and complied when I asked him to order me a beer. I gave him the dollar it cost, and he laughed some more and told me, "Good luck, kid. When the bartender finds you he'll throw you out so fast your head will spin!"

He was right, to. I did finish my beer, though.

That was a great cruise, Seattle to Anchorage, then back down to Kodiak, where my Aunt lived back then. Later my Aunt moved to Port Hardy, on Vancouver Island, which is a great little town.

and look what else i found ;)

Attachments

• Photo06211245.jpg
    Photo06211245.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 287
Welcome to Alaska Augie. Good work Denny. I gotta go to the crick to get a beer. Hail all.

Enjoying the pics Augie.

I think that Paul, the long distance master, would be looking down and grinning right about now.
RIP bamabikeguy.

Got my beer in hand, Van. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back