My MB been sitting for a year, am I good to go?

Carl Walichnowski

Local time
12:26 AM
So in June of last year I had my accident that put my MB out of commission. I've now switched everything over to a new frame so the tank has been emptied and is about to be refilled. So my question is should I run the same gas/oil ratio as before the accident? I'm just wondering cause my MB sat in the garage for the past year and our winters here in Erie, PA. are particularly long and brutal.... I know they make something for lawnmowers, weedwackers etc. that sit for the winter so I didn't consider my question to horrible to ask. THX

I'd just start it up and see how it runs - if it seems a bit weak, try cleaning carb and spraying water around gaskets that may have dried out - sometimes a bike that sits will get a slight leak in base gasket under where intake bolts, so I lift barrel just enough to get some oil on gasket to moisten it a bit if it seems to leak there.

I'd just start it up and see how it runs - if it seems a bit weak, try cleaning carb and spraying water around gaskets that may have dried out - sometimes a bike that sits will get a slight leak in base gasket under where intake bolts, so I lift barrel just enough to get some oil on gasket to moisten it a bit if it seems to leak there.
Sounds good. thx

Back