My Project So far

Yep that looks nice. Good work on the clamps too, I love aluminum flat bar. Use it all the time.

edit: I like to hit it with mothers metal polish and my dremel, shines up good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes absolutely all the polishing will be done while the bike is in paint. as for the Mothers Polish I used it for years until I found "Heavy Metal" There is a formula for Chrome and Stainless and there is one for Aluminium

I have to say with respect for Mothers and all the other products out there
This Is by far the best polish I have ever used

Retails for about 30 bucks a quart

Attachments

• DSCN0066.JPG
    DSCN0066.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 271
Got nothing done today!!! Im so bummed out Im still waiting for my rims from powder coating and the tires still have not arrived. Im still looking for a match for the pedal
I hate waiting.....

About the mothers. I work at an auto recon shop. We use an acid wheel cleaner on all the cars we do. Every once in awhile the cleaner will turn an aluminum rim white. not a good thing when the vehicle is going to a dealers lot. Anyhow I tried a few polishes mothers was the first I found that would fix the rims, though the discoloring will return in time.

I'll be interested to try the aluminum formula. Sounds a little pricey, but I'll try it on the company's buck. Thanks for the heads up.

A call from the powder coater yesterday and the wheels are done for this build. I will have photos of the wheels soon. They came out sweet, red baron red I will lace the wheels up this week. I have a drum break setup for the front and a two speed kickback for the rear.The sprocket is going to need some machining to open the hole up to fit the hub. but it looks like I can bolt up the sproket directly to the flange, it may need a spacer not sure yet. its good to be back in the shop tooling around again, work was driving me crazy LOL

The sprocket is going to need some machining to open the hole up to fit the hub. but it looks like I can bolt up the sproket directly to the flange, it may need a spacer not sure yet. its good to be back in the shop tooling around again, work was driving me crazy LOL

She's looking good Chris but what's with the muffler wrapping? If you keep the wrapping a couple of nice silver or brass jubilee clips (hose clips they are also called) would look spunky I reckon. I want to see how you are going to get the sprocket onto a 2 geared coaster hub. Can you show us a mock-up even?
If you can fit it onto that sort of hub I might be able to put my new Grubee 4-stroke onto a Felt MP cruiser cos the the main drawback stopping me is the coaster geared hub. The MP is built like the proverbial brick s***house with 12g spokes and tyres as fat as some motorbikes. Then I won't have to disassemble my Schwinn which I've just built with a motor like yours and mountings like yours. I've attached a little picture to show you the final rig. After seeing your paint job I decided to paint my tank to match the bike. The latest Schwinn saddles look great but fall to pieces and are very disappointing in their Chinese shoddiness. Keep posting pics of your project. Can't wait to see the red wheels.

Attachments

• Schwinn Alloy7O.jpg
    Schwinn Alloy7O.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 306
Rear Hub

Here is a photo of the rear hub as you can see the flange is nice and large.
The sproket mounting holes line up perfectly to the flange. I will machine out the sproket hole to fit the hub and use the drill press to drill the mounting holes. Im making a spacer from poloypropeline to reduce metal friction.

Attachments

• HUB.jpg
    HUB.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 262
OK the sproket is finished and it fits the hub perfectly Im Tig welding the hub flange in three places so it will stand up to the torque. I was advised by my machine shop to use grade 8 bolts to fasten the sproket to the hub OK. photos coming soon

Aloha Guys Im back Ive had a few life things come up and I had to put all projects on the back burner for a while sorry if I left anyone hanging OK so the build continues. The bike has gone to paint and came out nice Jet Flat Black with a flat clear coat. Looks very old school, the wheels are ready to mount. I will get updated photos up as soon as I can find my camera

Back