My Yuba Mundo ebike makes the paper

Tylden

Local time
5:57 PM
I recently got my Yuba Mundo powered up and in service and wound up making the papers. The bike is powered by a 400 watt eZee electric front hub coupled with a Crystalite controller and a 36 volt lithium battery, which seems to perform just fine on all but the very steepest of hills (with me doing my part). Anyway, I rode the bike downtown yesterday to the Go Green festival and made a VERY positive impression with our local city officials and even the local police. The mayor even jokingly pointed at my bike and told the crowd to check out the city's new recycling truck during his opening speech to kick off the festival LOL . I had the bike set up in "grocery mode" using a big plastic storage bin on one side and a city recycle bin on the other. I was amazed at how many people there commented that they've seen me around town on the bike and how shocked they were when they saw what I was able to do on a bicycle. I am just glad to see the city welcome the prospect/reality of motored bikes (both gas and electric) in our community as a positive thing.
Here is a link to the article if you'd like to see it. I hope the link works.
www.state-journal.com/news/article/4353272

To be honest Mountainman, I'm no poster child for living green either although I do think it makes sense. Fact is, I got into the motored bikes because my employer is phasing out company gas cards and I simply can't afford to be dumping $75 a pop to fill up my car. I also have a son going to college next year, and I think a motored bike would be the perfect solution for him as well. Oh yeah...not to mention the fact that riding these things is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on ! :)

hey - Tylden

I know that I should find my glasses and start wearing them
anyway -- for me - it's hard to see - find your engine in picture

did you hide that thing in those baskets ?

Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Back