Need Advice on Assembling

Well sir ... my friend helped me with the mods to get the mounting bracket to fit the bike. We had to cut the choke down some because it would not fit. He had to leave early than expected, so I am doing some of the work myself. As you can see I got the transmission, chain and gas tank on. It is suppose to make a clicking sound when you move the bike correct?
P1040495.JPG

I am having trouble with the cover for the transmission. It will not fit properly .... it looks like it is going to rub against the belt. I'm pretty sure these are the brackets that goes with it, but there is no way it will fit with the brackets already on and there is no way to attach nuts and bolts with it fitted on the transmission. I'm not seeing anything in the lousy instructions that are provide on how to put this cover on correctly
P1040496.JPG

I don't see how to correct this problem ... any suggestions? Tomorrow I will start installing the fuel line, throttle, and what ever else I can get done. Please post if you know what is up with the cover.
P1040497.JPG

Spirittoo I hate to be the deliverer of bad news but that chain tensioner is a disaster waiting to happen, especially on a round chain stay. It can pivot and crash right into your spokes. The torque/force from the chain does it. You need to fix that, if it occurs at speed it could hurt you.

If her 4G has a freewheel output, it'll be fine. It won't be subjected to near the same stress as that on a cg engine, which is known for moving idler brackets while starting the engine. Anyway, I've used those 2-bolt kit idlers for years on 4 different frames without a single problem. As long as the chain run is straight on the idler pulley and you're not actually trying to treat it like a chain tensioner, it'll work fine.

It won't be subjected to near the same stress as that on a cg engine, which is known for moving idler brackets while starting the engine
Agreed. No bump start to put a huge force on the tensioner pulley, and the chain is barely deflected around the pulley anyway.
(I still wouldn't want to use the stock tensioner, personally, because the bearing is crappy, there's only one bearing, and the plastic that the pulley is made from is crappy too.)

Spirittoo I hate to be the deliverer of bad news but that chain tensioner is a disaster waiting to happen, especially on a round chain stay. It can pivot and crash right into your spokes. The torque/force from the chain does it. You need to fix that, if it occurs at speed it could hurt you.
How do I fix that???:oops:

Back