Need to crack 66cc motor apart - What tool do I need

digital_life

Local time
12:56 AM
I know I need a tool I think it's called a puller and looks similar to a socket, I live in Canada and I looked at the Canadian tire and Princess Auto site but I'm not sure if the tool will fit my motors threads.
Has anyone bought a working tool from either of these stores or is there another to do this.

Here is where I'm at with the donor motor.

20200918_120543.jpg20200918_121445.jpg20200918_121506.jpg

A little background on the motor that needs fixed:
For some reason the butterfly nut loosened and spun out some of the threads of both the nut and the shaft.

This is the gear puller. Their made for these engines. Buy a couple, they are very important if you want to split the case without damage.
Make sure it's sunk in fully before torquing, threads can break easy on the puller. (Hence why I suggest couple)
View attachment 99725
I seen one of them on motorizedbicycle.ca ~$3.00 I was hoping to find something local and not have to wait for week's or a month.

Thanks tomorrow I'm going to order one, It's going to come out to about $300 I'm going to order a china girl and some extra stuff.

@Akutey @RAT RYDER 101

This is the tool right.

I'm also going to order this kit, Are these the ones they call china girl.

Last edited:
That’s a good brand grubee!
It's the same one on my first build around May or June of 2019 -- That motor has over 6000 km on it and I screwed it up just last week using the wrong bucking bar on it.

@Akutey Thanks for saying that this will be my first ever online purchase of anything and I'm a bit Leary of buying anything online, My first bike engine was bought from my neighbor who only wanted the new hardware that came with the kit

Back