New build... What do u think?

Hey MB.com ... New member saying hi. Im D from Hemet Cali... Just finished my 4th build... I really tried to challenge myself on this one...this was a total pita but sooo worth it... Stage 1 complete, took 4 days rides like a dream...

Huffy Cape Cod with a BEKits motor...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks guys, used to be a bike mechanic back in the day do I'm pretty hip to the tricks that keep a bike running well. .. mad paranoid about nuts and bolts coming loose so I pretty much check them daily.

Eventually I'll be building up new wheels, something strong and preferably sealed with a double sprung front end. .. I know Huffy components are cap but I'm hoping the frame holds up for a while.

For the moment yea I pulled the hubs swapped the bearings and rebuilt then with my special sauce. .. lol.

Proven to make even the worst pos hubs run like butter. .. coat the bearings in white lithium grease, then pack them with a half and half mixture of Park red packing grease and Slick Honey.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm probably just gonna start building the tank cafe racer I have in mind...lol

Thanks guys.

Back