NEW: Fat tire jackshaft assembly.

DieselTech

Local time
10:56 AM
For you fat tire guys. Something new coming from Grubee, it's a fat tire jackshaft drive unit. It will be available in a right side drive for you shift kit guys, or a left hand drive for you single speed fat boys. Looks like a really nice product, wonder what sticker price is. Here is a couple pics.
Screenshot_20230303-082321_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230303-082354_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230303-082342_Chrome.jpg

That’s a cool idea for a jackshaft.

If they ever come up with one to transfer the engine drive to the pedal side .. that is problem free.. I’d jump on one. Having 3 or 4 gears would take a whole lot of stress off the engine and clutch.

It seems the more powerful the engine the more problems arise with a jackshaft on a MB.

If they ever come up with one to transfer the engine drive to the pedal side .. that is problem free.. I’d jump on one. Having 3 or 4 gears would take a whole lot of stress off the engine and clutch.

It seems the more powerful the engine the more problems arise with a jackshaft on a MB.
Yeah this jackshaft can be bought in both drive sides. Right or left. Looks nice. Price might scare a guy.

They are going to make a right-side drive. However, you aren't limited to a shift kit. You could use the right side to drive the input of a Strumey Archer 5-speed IGH that's also being used as a jackshaft transmission. Then the output of the SA5 IGH could be used to drive the left side of the rear wheel.

The advantage, is you don't have to be moving to change gears.

Back