New Gebe setup needed...

Did you get a GEBE rear wheel ?

Not yet...

The bike I have it installed on right now is just a cheap Walmart cruiser. I am right now in the midst of looking for a Dual suspension bike for somewheres around ~$200 or so before I commit to a new wheel and choice of a wheel.

Any ideas for a dual suspension in the area of $200 or so???

Well

for the most part all your walmart bikes are going to be about the same quality....

Do you plan on riding dirt roads ????? if not keep what you got ...

my cheap schwinn has no shocks and it's just fine on the street. ( but our roads around my part of town are good )

You can but one of those seat post with the built in shock. a-lot of folks use them so they must work.

But if you want a good bike with shocks look on craigslist for a good used bike of better quality than walmart bikes, also some of the bike shops have some used bike's that were like 6 or 7 hundred bucks new and might sell for 3 hundred bucks... oh keep in mind that you prob. will have to cut off all your spokes to get that drive ring off....

if you have a craigs list for the area thats your best bet, you can pick up real quality bikes for next to nothing if you know what to look for......

Thanks Augi :D

Well it arrived last week after a short wait for the gebe people to get a new batch of drive rings. The kit is looking good, can't wait to get it on!

I have 2 old chromoly giant bikes, 1 I have been riding for ever as a tourer/commuter and I've kept it in good nick, the other was given to me by a friend for parts. I'm so used to riding it I'll be using the donor bike to set up the gebe, it's such a good and reliable frame.

Only thing that will stop me firing it up this weekend will be my lack of a gas tank (got the bargain priced r/s35 from silvaire). :cry:

I wish I could find something locally (australia), although I did stop by the local mower shop yesterday arvo, they were just closing but the guy said to come back and he thought he would have a used tank to hold a litre or 2 of fuel.

Thanks Augi :D

Well it arrived last week after a short wait for the gebe people to get a new batch of drive rings. The kit is looking good, can't wait to get it on!

I have 2 old chromoly giant bikes, 1 I have been riding for ever as a tourer/commuter and I've kept it in good nick, the other was given to me by a friend for parts. I'm so used to riding it I'll be using the donor bike to set up the gebe, it's such a good and reliable frame.

Only thing that will stop me firing it up this weekend will be my lack of a gas tank (got the bargain priced r/s35 from silvaire). :cry:

I wish I could find something locally (australia), although I did stop by the local mower shop yesterday arvo, they were just closing but the guy said to come back and he thought he would have a used tank to hold a litre or 2 of fuel.

Up and running yet?

Not yet! :cry:

It's coming together, I ordered a gas tank and a 2-legged centre stand last night, I figured I couldn't really call it finished without these! The tank looks like the 64oz 'canteen' shaped one from staton. Thats almost 2 litres that should allow for a riding distance of 120kms/75 miles ish. Does that sound about right? We'll see.

I also bought a fuel filter, should I have it at the end of the line inside the tank, or more visible between the tank and the motor?

I should have ordered these at the same time as the gebe kit but with money the way it is these days it was always gonna be a step by step deal getting this bike going.

I've frame-mounted the engine support. The other thing I have to do is swap out my rear wheel for another I have with beefier spokes (haven't put the gear ring on yet). And see if I can swap in a solid axle from one of the other wheels I have.

:unsure:...excited but sick of waiting...:-/

Last edited:
Travis Motor

Why not made today...150 MPG claimed. Check out on WWW. Here are ripped pics;

Attachments

• travis02small.jpg
    travis02small.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 311
  • travis_bike1.jpg.w560h315.jpg
    travis_bike1.jpg.w560h315.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 286
After extremely close measurements and being the only person who rides my bike, this is what I have so far after the first 300 miles

GIANT boulder SE with a EHO35 GEBE setup

Pedaling only from a dead stop, or gentle pedaling up the steep hills

Terrain is mixed, mostly level ground

141.65 miles per gallon

THAT is as honest a number as I could give you, I measured the fuel myself and my speedo is calculated to the tenth of a mile with 2 gps units!

Back