new guy here

Welcome to MBc. I think there may be a contradiction here. You don't want a money pit, but you want the cheapest engine. Beware. The cheapest engine may turn out to be the cheapest engine.

I used the kit your looking at from Ebay. I got the very same one your looking at. Honestly speaking....I spent to much for what you get. I will get a better one next time. I did extensive research into this motor. I think it's 49cc rather than 80cc. The company that sells them to the dealers calls them x-brand and use this cheaper motor to get the distributors to go for the line thats better. The sand from the engine casting is still present. Rust is already on some parts. I thought it all pretty much looked like seconds and they keep the good stuff for the line up from this one. All in all it was fun to install. It's ok for the first one. The instructions are worth it though. You can laugh for hours at the literal translations that will for sure bring a smile to you face.
~Brad~

hmmm, let me explain a money pit. my budget for the kit is 200. im not trying to have the best or most glamorous bike. is it possible i can do this? again, sorry for being such a newb.

if total cost is priority-one, then your best bet is to cruise ebay, find a box-seller (someone who usually has no idea what he's selling) and try to snag one in auction.

however, you may wind up buying the money-pit you're trying to avoid...you can easily find an engine & kit for under $200, but pay close attention to the contents of the kit...

(i've heard of folks snagging dax kits on ebay for your budget)

read read read the "frame-mount" forum, check out the MBc and Member Product Reviews in the "Parts" section...pay attention to feedback, there's a lot of it here...do your homework and you can come out of this smellin' pretty good :cool:

You should be able to get a good kit for about the same price of a starter for the Sentra LE, and it's a heck of a lot easier to install.:D

Service does count a lot with these motors. I'm a die hard Dax fan. I have a 50 and an "80"/70 cc, both Dax's.
Don't forget to include shipping.
Welcome to Mbc

G'day and welcome to MBc.
Don't get the cheapest kit possible...chances are you'll have nothing but trouble and being new to this you'll get frustrated.There's plenty of help from MBc but i don't wanna see u go the way of other ex-members who just give-up in disgust.
Buy a descent kit from one of our sponsors then atleast THEIR somewhat accountable...our sponsors are good and have a reputation to uphold.

Back