new here and on my first build

thanks for the tips KC. I ordered a dual pull lever, it was one that you had to clip the cables to pass through the hole. no slot. so I ordered the sbp one and it shipped on friday.

I gave the mount test you mentioned above, I can't discern any movement. seams very solid. I have been going over the bike and re-tightening everything. and everything is staying pretty good so far, but I'm still just breaking her in.

the one bummer about my rear mount is that it is in the chain path, so that's why I'm using the tensioner to lift it over the mount. it looks like if I removed two links it would be perfect without the tensioner. I guess you see too much slack in my chain. I did get a breaker from sbp, but it's a regular chain breaker. I will check out harbor freight and see how shipping to canada is, but I have the tools to do it with out.

I am still looking for a set of springer forks for a 9 1/2 steer tube, half moon handle bars with no or small rise, and various other doohickies

thanks for the tips KC. I ordered a dual pull lever, it was one that you had to clip the cables to pass through the hole. no slot. so I ordered the sbp one and it shipped on friday.

I gave the mount test you mentioned above, I can't discern any movement. seams very solid. I have been going over the bike and re-tightening everything. and everything is staying pretty good so far, but I'm still just breaking her in.

the one bummer about my rear mount is that it is in the chain path, so that's why I'm using the tensioner to lift it over the mount. it looks like if I removed two links it would be perfect without the tensioner. I guess you see too much slack in my chain. I did get a breaker from sbp, but it's a regular chain breaker. I will check out harbor freight and see how shipping to canada is, but I have the tools to do it with out.

I am still looking for a set of springer forks for a 9 1/2 steer tube, half moon handle bars with no or small rise, and various other doohickies

That a boy ;-}
Getting the little things right from the start makes for a pleasant, safe, and reliable machine.
That is how I try to build them anyway.

Sure it costs more, but weigh that against how it feels broke down on the side of the road with miles to get home.

went out for ride and blew my muffler apart the other morning.

20150829_112738_resized.jpg20150829_112758_resized.jpg

so I guess you can over secure a muffler, in fact you can make an engine mount out of it. it just doesn't take the stress well. I'll have buddy weld it back together some time, not sure how soon. have my stock which has a nice dose of high heat fixy sh@t, at the joint of course. I am more interested in maybe a custom jobbie, playing with ideas and materials right now. but that doesn't seem likely to happen quickly. I will try the patched stock one with some new mount ideas, a little more movement allowed this time. Looking through the exhaust port one can tell the shiny oil and gas are very gentle on the little thing. By spring I should have her broken in or just broken. still has that patch of bad vibes, which is probably what killed the muffler. but quite smooth outside of those rpm.

I have the dual lever now, that's nice.

Back