new need some help..

R

Recon

hey everyone i need some help. i have no idea where to start with a motored bike. basically i want to go around 25-30 and use it to cruise around town. can you suggest on what kind of engine to get and where?
thanks everyone

L

Large Filipino

Everyone will have different answers. If your broke usually,a Happy Time (Chineese 2 stroke frame mount) is your answer. If you got some money,people say that belt drive rack mount is smooth.There are also 4 stroke frame mount,rack mount chain drive,roller drives,weed wacker engined weld jobs,front wheel drive,Alaskavans wonder horse.. If you really got some money,you also can't go wrong with a Whizzer.
So read read read and guage your own opinion.
There's a wealth of knowlege here.

L

Large Filipino

25 to 30 you may need to stay away from the Happy Time unless your willing to go with a small rear sprocket,do some pedalling and roll on a skinny 27 or 28 inch rim.

codi79

Local time
2:38 PM
Get yourself a 2 stroke chainsaw motor or something because a chainsaw has more torque from what I've read so far cause Im also new to this. A chainsaw will get you up hills without as much pedaling, but a weed eater motor will also do the trick. Also I'd go with a frame mounted motor with a chain drive. Friction drives slip in the wet, burning up your tire.

Hope this helps a little bit.

-Codi79

R

Recon

thanks for all the responses. can i get some links to sites that have motors on them please?
thanks for all the help