Throttle Cable Issue: Need Help

When you hold the gray part and pull it, it won't compress because the cable doesn't pull the slide. There might be the problem there.
Is the cable hook into the slide? There is a little hole in the bottom of the slide that the tiny barrel on the end of the cable hooks into, give me a sec, I'll get a picture.

The little round hole, the cable goes down through the spring and then into the hole. Then the cable goes through that notch in the slide.

Attachments

• 20240305_143516.jpg
    20240305_143516.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 25
The little round hole, the cable goes down through the spring and then into the hole. Then the cable goes through that notch in the slide.
Only when I pull and hold the black casing and pull the cable, then the slide moves slightly.

Attachments

• PHOTOSSS.jpg
    PHOTOSSS.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 19
He needs to make sure the cable casing ends are fully inserted into the barrel adjusters too when seeing if cable is too long or short.

He needs to make sure the cable casing ends are fully inserted into the barrel adjusters too when seeing if cable is too long or short.
The cables are absolutely perfect, but the case is bad because the case is too short.

A proper length cable housing is what allows the cable to work properly. Both need to be the correct length to work. One cannot do its job w/o the other.

Is it possible to obtain a longer throttle cable housing, or perhaps extend the existing one somehow?
Extending the cable adjusters will take up a little slop, but if you have too little sheathing then it still won't work.

Mine also was a little short on sheathing, but I got it working with the adjustments- but there is still a bit of slack.

you might want to get a new cable regardless, just make sure it's the right one.

Back