New project to not finish!

Found this little guy and made an unplanned purchase. $300 on craigslist! Came with lights and blinkers and a light-up skull too!

cdb5afbda4c340ce9f4f155ffd2b9f6f.jpg

It isn't ready to ride. Gonna swap on some disc brakes and good wheels.

Okay, looking good so far. Took it out for some runs to get the feel of it. "I" topped out at 30 mph then let off. Still had a little room to go. I also still haven't decided on how I am going to put some safety redundancy into my caliper adapters. Most likely I am just gonna run a self tapping screw through it. Do those have sheer strength ratings? I also need to consider difficulty repairing a flat out somewhere unknown with limited tools.

Okay, looking good so far. Took it out for some runs to get the feel of it. "I" topped out at 30 mph then let off. Still had a little room to go. I also still haven't decided on how I am going to put some safety redundancy into my caliper adapters. Most likely I am just gonna run a self tapping screw through it. Do those have sheer strength ratings? I also need to consider difficulty repairing a flat out somewhere unknown with limited tools.
Some are rated for shear. Check out "Tek" screws. They are tough as hell.

8 mile ride finished. Smooth ride. I think I am comfortable with 25mph being my top cruising speed. I am getting old. I am also leaving the fuel filter upside down just to stir aggravation.

Using BikeBerry disc caliper adapters. They are the only ones I have ever used so I can't compare. They seem solid. The only thing I would change on the install is an extra screw holding the adapter to the frame. Still unsure of what my final solution is. Also, gonna get rid of all the warning and BBR stickers on the engine.
whatthehellisthisimageallabout.jpg

Back