New to gas bikes

SamojaDAD

Local time
10:51 AM
My son and I built a bike 4 months ago. All was going well and then we decided to upgrade the carburetor and things seem have gone down hill. The bike acts as though there is an air leak. Today we replaced all the gaskets, (cylinder head, exhaust and intake) still the bike stalls when I give it gas if the choke is fully closed. As long as I have the choke open I can ride the bike although it is not the greatest ride. Any ideas? I am sure I have left many unanswered questions. Thank you for the help

I only know it as a "High Performance" carb. You can see I made my own offset intake which worked with my previous carb.

Attachments

• CD5DB45C-8541-4EDE-B009-7DE5316F1131.JPG
    CD5DB45C-8541-4EDE-B009-7DE5316F1131.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 115
What was wrong with your old carb? Why didn't you like it? Did it work OK?
Try moving your needle clip to the second notch from the top see how that works.
Sure you don't have an air leak?
You may have to change your main jet size for it to work properly.
What Elevation are you at?

Last edited:
I know you switched to a High Performance Carb for more power.
I haven't had one of those High performance carbs on a 2 stroke. I know there are a few tricks to look for to get em running right.
Hopefully one of the 2 Stroke Masters will chime in shortly to help you.

Thank you for the reply. We are at sea level. I will look into the jet as well as the needle and let you know my findings. Thank you again for taking the time. Talk to you later

Thank you for the reply. We are at sea level. I will look into the jet as well as the needle and let you know my findings. Thank you again for taking the time. Talk to you later
HT carbs have no needle adjustment. It's probably too much gas in the gas/air ratio, try a smaller jet.

I will do that and keep you posted on my findings. Thank you for the response

Does the bike idle by its self? If it does spray a little water around your carb intake and spots you think that air could be leaking . If it dies there your leak.

Also double check the throttle cable and the spring and little lever and slide in the carb is in the right spots . Any thing on these 2 stroke can’t be ruled out. I had plenty of problems too. Which I still do

Back