New York UL2849 law

DieselTech

Local time
4:56 PM
Well starting this morning in full force, with increased police force in implementing the new law UL2849.

All ebikes/vehicles that have non UL listed batteries or bikes/vehicles not UL listed will be banned or fined in New York.

With a possible buy back program starting shortly after to help support owners with non UL listed bikes or batterys.

A good article below that has links to show which ones are UL Certified at this moment as well as those NOT certified.

I appears according to the article that Rad Power E-Bikes as well as other popular big sellers are NOT included as being UL listed.

"The exceptions include some of the biggest brands in the market: Specialized, Giant, Pedego, and Rad Power. None of those brands appears to offer UL 2849 bikes, although it’s likely they are each working quickly to get some models certified. Rad Power, Pedego and Specialized each have retail locations in New York City."

A good article below that has links to show which ones are UL Certified at this moment as well as those NOT certified.

I appears according to the article that Rad Power E-Bikes as well as other popular big sellers are NOT included as being UL listed.

"The exceptions include some of the biggest brands in the market: Specialized, Giant, Pedego, and Rad Power. None of those brands appears to offer UL 2849 bikes, although it’s likely they are each working quickly to get some models certified. Rad Power, Pedego and Specialized each have retail locations in New York City."
Thats why I heard Rad bikes went UL listed this for this year. Due to new up coming laws. Also Rad mentioned big sales in the New York area.

Back