Nice Jackshaft Idea

Well it is a little early to tell but I am hoping to be able to retail for under $200. I know that may sound like a lot considering that it is just a little less than what we pay for the engine kit. I have no desire to get rich off this and if someone steals it, oh well. Just having fun doing what I do. Wait till you see my full suspension bike. I would be happy just making you all happy. I have a call into Cyclone to see what they can do for a dealer price on the freewheel kits, that will really be the deciding factor on price. The rest of the parts are relatively inexpensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
200 bucks is a fair price to have the flexibility of multiple gears. I can't wait until this is marketed to the public!!

bb

gday ghost, ive got a bike i found with the old shimano freewheel bb, does the bb axle have to be extra wide to accomodate this jackshaft idea? And i'd buy that jackshaft unit for sure, if youd send it down Aust?

The bb spindle is longer than standard on the freewheel side. Cyclone's standard one is actually longer than it needs to be. I am checking to see if the supplier will make custom spindles for us that are exactly the correct length.

I don't see why I wouldn't be able to ship down under.

200 bucks is a fair price to have the flexibility of multiple gears. I can't wait until this is marketed to the public!!

im for that,in my option the biggest draw back they have is the lack of a trasmission{imagin going 30mph and doing only 3.000rpm}.

The bb spindle is longer than standard on the freewheel side. Cyclone's standard one is actually longer than it needs to be. I am checking to see if the supplier will make custom spindles for us that are exactly the correct length.

I don't see why I wouldn't be able to ship down under.
I don't know if all HT engines are built to EXACTLY the same tolerances but it's something u may need to concider when laser cutting brackets or drilling.Not us,but some ppl would expect to get the kit and simply bolt it on without ANY slight mods.What i'm saying is if your tolerances are toooo fine then u might run into problems,so allow for minor slack.
The best of luck with this project.

I promised pics, so here goes. The fab job on the bearing mounts is pretty crude but that is what you get with a jig saw. The production units will be much nicer. I am interested in feedback. Like I said I would like to make this a kit. It should fit on just about everyones bikes.
The gearing is as follows.
Typical Happy Time - 10t sprocket & 40t gear = 4:1
I currently have ratios between 8:1 and 3:1

What are the little green things between the cylinder cooling fins and what do they do?

Back