NT Carb Question

SloRyd

Local time
5:26 PM
Anyone know why they put this spring loaded pop rivet thingy on these NT carbs? I can depress it, but not sure why some have this and others appear to have a cap on there. Normally this is where the air mixture screw would be on a typical carb...but for the life of me, I can't understand why they use this that can only be spun/depressed. Seems to be somewhere that could pose an air source leak also as loose as it seems. I only have the rear sprocket, tensioner and chain to put on and I'll be ready to start it for the first time this evening when I get home from work. At first I thought maybe it was some type of primer....but ??? I'll probably pull the carb and take a look at it from underneath to get a better understanding of what's on the bowl side because I like to figure out things purposes and their design....it'll also give me a chance to check the float level while I'm in there as most recommend it should be set at 21mm.

There is a Sticky Post on NTCarbs first picture tells you what that is

https://motoredbikes.com/threads/nt-carb-tuning-basics.24867/
I read that entire post and missed that because it looked like the cap I was referring to. Sorry, I'm well versed in forums and the search feature and understand topics are covered many times over....still, why a float tickler and not an air idle adjustment instead?? Silly if you ask me....like does the float tend to stick a lot to where you'd have to coax it to flow fuel. But, I digress....we're not talking highly engineered engines and components here.

You can also use like a choke on constant compression carbs, lets you flood the carb a bit before you set off. That way you don't forget the choke is on and then have to fumble along until you find the handle.

You can also use like a choke on constant compression carbs, lets you flood the carb a bit before you set off. That way you don't forget the choke is on and then have to fumble along until you find the handle.
Constant compression carb's ?All that thing does is ensure that the float bowl is full,with a 2 stroke no fuel flows until a vac is created by the engine turning over and the atmospheric pressure rushes through the carb body.

Its a secret turbo over ride button only to be pushed in an emergency when light speed is a must. Like when outrunning darth vader ect ..

Back