Offset intake manifold debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again the g43 has a cooling fan and your China Girl doesn't.

If you are in low range on your shift kit the motor is spinning a good rpm just to move you at slow speed correct? Then the g43 will be in its power range and the cooling fan spinning fast enough to cool the cylinder even at slow speed.

Like you said it looks like a piece of yard equipment, and how fast do you move when your cutting wood with your chainsaw? 0 mph, your saw has a cooling fan ;) so does the Zenoah Komatsu G43l that has been used on GoPeds, saws, tillers, blowers and pumps. They last trust me ;)

Last edited:
It sounds like the perfect solution. I would like to put it into practice to see how it stacks up in the real world, if a shift kit was designed to allow attachment to the G43 or CY46 engine - be it whatever engine is the most reliable unit and has the most powerful low and midrange torque curve, and is the quietest.

At this point in time, the 66cc Chinese 2-stroke centre mount bicycle engine has proven to be surprisingly reliable with the Jaguar CDI and CR Machine Manufacturing billet cylinder head; comprising a massive amount of cooling surface area.

I'll take the G43.
In the south eastern states of Australia, a motorized bicycle must travel no faster than 12.54 mph, even if the bike is lifted to altitude and thrown out of a Cessna 174 - falling to the ground under the pull of gravity, the bike must travel no faster than 12.54 mph.

Top speed is totally irrelevant to me.

If this were opposite day I may say that "top speed is totally irrelevant to me" though I did trade a new 460 for this motor back from a friend just because the 460 was too loud and has a bad rap for toasting topends.

Here in the states most of us are limited to 20mph. LOL I can pedal that fast on a good bike!

I'll take the G43.
In the south eastern states of Australia, a motorized bicycle must travel no faster than 12.54 mph, even if the bike is lifted to altitude and thrown out of a Cessna 174 - falling to the ground under the pull of gravity, the bike must travel no faster than 12.54 mph.

Top speed is totally irrelevant to me.

I think you'd be really happy with any Zenoah compared to a China girl. Except for your aesthetic reasons. I like that it looks like a brush cutter motor personally, if it looks like a small dirt bike motor it gets a lot more attention from the fuzz. That is why I prefer a rack or axle mount as well.

If it weren't for the strictly enforced laws here I'd definitely have a 460 center mounted on a OCC chopper with an old external 4speed gearbox and a custom expansion pipe.

In Australia, we have the most draconian laws "against internal combustion engines fitted to "motorized bicycles". The law states that if the bike is moving, the pedals must be turning with human power being inputted into the system. If the pedals stop turning the engine must not operate, and the engine must not operate when the bike reaches 12.54 mph, "and" the bike must not travel over 12.54 mph if an engine is fitted; even if the bike is being propelled by human power alone, but happens to have an engine installed in the frame; even if the engine is not able to be operated i.e. the cylinder is removed.

On a really good (high end) road racing bicycle, you can (with human power alone) pedal the thing to 30 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back