Oil Burns

Baconator101

Local time
7:50 PM
Am I the only one that has HOT oil flicked onto their leg while riding? Its hot as eff where I live and recently have been riding with shorts. It's not really a major problem, I am just curious to see if it happens to anybody else.

The Scene- The Motor is in-frame and the muffler is stock. With the muffler clamp added to elongate the exhaust stud life.

The Case- Every so often when I ride the MB, if I hit a bump, or pothole. (And my left pedal is on the low side) the tip of the muffler will whip a droplet of blazing hot oil on my leg.

It burns for a half a second and I just remember to take a mental note that if the road ahead looks rough, keep my damn left leg high side.

maybe the muffler isn't secure enough and as it wiggles with bumps it whips the oil up

Am I the only one that has HOT oil flicked onto their leg while riding? Its hot as eff where I live and recently have been riding with shorts. It's not really a major problem, I am just curious to see if it happens to anybody else.

The Scene- The Motor is in-frame and the muffler is stock. With the muffler clamp added to elongate the exhaust stud life.

The Case- Every so often when I ride the MB, if I hit a bump, or pothole. (And my left pedal is on the low side) the tip of the muffler will whip a droplet of blazing hot oil on my leg.

It burns for a half a second and I just remember to take a mental note that if the road ahead looks rough, keep my damn left leg high side.
You could add a small length of rubber/silicon hose to deflect the exhaust and oil drips down below your peddals and if kept short enough wont add much back pressure!

Back