P85 still won’t fire

Stick a Phillips screwdriver in the end of the spark plug boot and hold it 1/16 inch away from the engine. Have someone pull the starter cord and you look for a spark. If you don't see one, grab the screwdriver and try it again. If you don't get shocked, then you have found the problem.

Stick a Phillips screwdriver in the end of the spark plug boot and hold it 1/16 inch away from the engine. Have someone pull the starter cord and you look for a spark. If you don't see one, grab the screwdriver and try it again. If you don't get shocked, then you have found the problem.
I had my grandpa help me with this early this night we tested both cdis I have and both coils and I couldn’t get spark from either I think it might be the cdi I can’t see anything visibly wrong with the coils with either of them I am thinking about buying a kit from grubee but I am not sure if there’s some where better

I had my grandpa help me with this early this night we tested both cdis I have and both coils and I couldn’t get spark from either I think it might be the cdi I can’t see anything visibly wrong with the coils with either of them I am thinking about buying a kit from grubee but I am not sure if there’s some where better
Have you tried flipping the magneto rotor over?

The spark plug would be the only thing a backfire might, and that is highly doubtful, effect. Have you unpluged the wires going to your kill switch. That would have been the first thing to do.

Since it back fired really bad, it's probably blown up. You just better rebuild it!!!

Back