Paralyzed

One of our local girls was killed while walking on a train track listening to music and got run over by a train. The world can sometimes be quite cruel. I have spent many years dancing on the edge risking life and limb and facing death many times, generally without a scratch. I've always been drawn to danger and tend to go into a zen mode of focus when facing accidental mortality and make my decision and commit to it. Only afterwards am I frightened over what happened.. So far, so good. I'm fast approching the age where an accident may be a far better exit plan than the exit plan of many people whom I have buried in recent years. I have concluded that it is not how long we live. Its how we have lived. My only regrets are that I have not told my loved ones, how much I love them, often enough. Sadly, I have to live with that.

Very sorry to hear of this horrible incident (I hate the misuse of the term "accident"!). I wish you a complete and full recovery! Please tell us of the circumstances that led to your terrible injury. Thank you and all the best to you!

Karen, after you get out of hospital, if you want to start rolling again, there has been some wonderful advancement it hand bikes/trikes. From what I've seen, you may be able to get a Cruzbike conversion put on a trike.Take care, and find the humor in things, laughing never stops feeling good.

Back