People Ask -- Is That A Motor ?

I know this is sad, but could someone give and answer the top 10 questions that they get about their ride, in Spanish. I could either learn the lines or have a card with them on it. In 7th grade, our principal was short of students for the "reading class" so I switched out of spanish, didn't see a big need for in Minnesota, and they didn't offer any other language at the time.

twice yesterday -- no big deal

However, the dummy impulsively blurts out the first question that came to mind! hahaha "Is that a there weedwacker on yer bike?"

I went for an all day ride yesterday

this basic statement I heard at least twice yesterday -- no big deal
I will admit that is close to what I do have on my bike
Robin 33cc -- rack mount -- looks kind of like a weedwacker

I would not call these ones yesterday dummy's
they were pretty cool dudes
the kind of people we want on our side of the MB movement
and they showed (((much excitment regarding MBs))) -- once informed a little....

ride those things

This is how my mb convos usually go.

"wow sick where did u buy that?" "oh i bought it off the internet then put it together.

"how much was it?" About $240 shipped for the engine kit then you have to buy a bike.

"how fast does it go and how many km's do u do on a litre?" It goes about 50km/h but i usually stick to about 40km/h, it does about 80km to a tank, depending on if u trash it or not haha.

"wicked so how long did it take ya to build" Ohh about 2 days or so.

"Cool, whats the site called u got it from?" I got it from zbox.com.au there really good to deal with and sell good quality stuff, never had a problem with em. Go to motoredbikes.com to and sign up. U can find heaps of info there on these things and ask lots of questions.

"if i give you the money can u make me one?" Nah sorry man you gotta make it yourself.

"alright thanks dude." Yep cya.

I was stopped by police who thought it was the coolest thng in the world "I know there's something illegal about that, but not off the top of my head. I certainly wouldn't write you a ticket for it.
Women don't notice me unless I have my dog riding with me.
These bikes crave attention.
My last bike was bright red 1939 Hiawatha with big old fat tire white walls and fenders.
I had a two stroke motor on it.
It was a real pretty bike, (Sold it) but I rode past two cops who were talking to someone and both of them stopped what they were doing and watched me ride by with a kind of blank look on their face, The same "I know something is illegal about that" look you mentioned.
I just waved and they half heartedly waved back still unsure if they should do anything or not.
I had the bike chained up at the store a few days later and when I went out to unlock it one of the cops was there looking it over.
He asked me where I got it and I told him I built it and his only response was "That's a cool Pee Wee Herman looking bike you got there"
He never gave me any trouble over it.
I think he secretly wanted one.

I managed to take the bike I bought from alesterfuend downstairs this morning (which was a real struggle) and got out on the parking lot with it. I was correct - I can't balance the darned thing. There are several young guys in the apartments here that wash/work on their cars, etc in the parking lot, and two of them were outside. Both made a beeline for me and the bike when they saw it, asking all kinds of questions. I showed them both how to start it, and both of them rode it up the street and back - coming back enthusiastic as all heck. One of them, a young black guy who is in the local police academy, told me he wants one himself. We talked a good while, and he was kind enough to carry it back upstairs for me.

I showed him the forum, and the parts I have - he wanted to buy the 2nd engine right then and there!. I suggested he spend some time on his comp and read the forum before he decides what he is going to do, and told him I'd be happy to help him assemble one once he decides. He's going to talk with the academy captain today about the bike, and make sure the police dept locally is cool with such rides on the streets in town. I told him to tell the captain he's welcome to come by and check it out, take it for a spin if he wants - he said he'd bet he will, as the captain rides a Suzuki to work most days.

A morning well invested so far.

I just tell them it's a nuclear reactor and it's powered by Uranium.Shuts them up in a hurry.:D:D

SS I'm thinking there has to be a rather easy temporary fix to get you running like training wheels if you will but foldable and 20 inch wheels.

Back