Phantom 85

Not a pro on how the plug should look... but it doesn't look burned up or anything. It also isn't too oily so it's not any kind of rich.

Temps max out around 315. I've never registered a temp higher than 320... and that's checking with the laser temp gauge. They average around 280-290ish... estimated.

The on-board temp gauge tends to run a little lower "while riding"... I assume due to the air because it runs lower when it's colder than when it's hotter outside. But when I stop... after about 20 seconds or so it'll give me a temp fairly close to the laser temp gauge. Again.. I've never seen this gauge above 314.

Maybe I should move the needle down (toward the "tip") one notch just to see what it does... (it;s currently right in the middle and I'm at around 2500 ft elevation)...

Not a pro on how the plug should look... but it doesn't look burned up or anything. It also isn't too oily so it's not any kind of rich.

Temps max out around 315. I've never registered a temp higher than 320... and that's checking with the laser temp gauge. They average around 280-290ish... estimated.

The on-board temp gauge tends to run a little lower "while riding"... I assume due to the air because it runs lower when it's colder than when it's hotter outside. But when I stop... after about 20 seconds or so it'll give me a temp fairly close to the laser temp gauge. Again.. I've never seen this gauge above 314.

Maybe I should move the needle down (toward the "tip") one notch just to see what it does... (it;s currently right in the middle and I'm at around 2500 ft elevation)...
I would try it and see what happens. My phantom turned 8500 rpm all stock except intake gasket and port matching. It could also be the 20:1 mix, you're going to get less fuel with more oil.

Needle adjustment shouldn't do anything for top end... one way or another. That's all jet I do believe.

The mix might have something to do with it... and again... I'm a big guy and the air's been "thick"...

:D

Needle adjustment shouldn't do anything for top end... one way or another. That's all jet I do believe.

The mix might have something to do with it... and again... I'm a big guy and the air's been "thick"...

:D
Is there a boot over the throttle cable connection to the carb, that can create a leak but once the cable is and settles back down covers the area.

Back