Phantom 85

The seller lied about the size, it was 1mm to big so, I didn't get to try it.
These are pics of the cage bearing on the crank end of my gen 1 phantom 85. Finally figured out what was scarring my cylinder!

Attachments

• 0429221239b_HDR[1].jpg
    0429221239b_HDR[1].jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 0429221238a[1].jpg
    0429221238a[1].jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 104
Regarding the bearing that diesel tech recommended? As far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as a 12x14x10-13 bearing. I have a 12mm ID and 14 mm OD solid brass bushing from rsm i might try. I'll have to check the porting but I want to do desert ports they don't build power but it does help cool the engine. I've seen quite few people taking of running hot up top. Nobody has mentioned putting an. Oiler in the bushing itself could that be an issue. Know I know bushings like that aren't exactly suppose to spin considering I'll probably put the oiler in the bushing how could I glue that bearing to the rod to keep the oil hole line up so I get some oil on my wrist pin.

You know the triple 40 rod has three oilers. I've decided I'm going to get the malossi 12x15x15 needle crown. Someone had mentioned using 320 grit to take it out so I'm going to make myself a magic madrel tool and polish. The outlaw needle crown 10x14x13 fits like a glove zero play in the piston.

Don't use brass, it's too soft. 932 bearing bronze (aka SAE 660) is what you want to use. BMW discontinued the bearings needed for the oil pump shaft, so I have been making them from 932. It's the same material used in automotive wrist pin bushes, and used to be used as cam bearings and such before babbitt became common.

IMG_20220427_152640~2.jpg

Mh I like those the one from rdm is nice but those are awesome look I like the oil groove. I'm not sure what grade metal it is brass or bronze I'll have to check. Considering the bushing. Is only 2mm thick there's not much there for a groove either. I'll probably end up getting the 12x15x13 malossi bearing.

Mh I like those the one from rdm is nice but those are awesome look I like the oil groove. I'm not sure what grade metal it is brass or bronze I'll have to check. Considering the bushing. Is only 2mm thick there's not much there for a groove either. I'll probably end up getting the 12x15x13 malossi bearing.
There's even more features that aren't in those pics, wouldn't need an oil groove in a 2 stroke, though. Roller would be ideal, but also could make a bronze bushing/sleeve to take up the space of a smaller needle bearing. Just finished these today. Well, have 7 more ready to notch and deburr.

Attachments

• IMG_20220505_150545_1.jpg
    IMG_20220505_150545_1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 94
Yea I agree with you with that I noticed the bearing tighten up when installed. But the stock are trash there all kinds of wobble and slop with the rollers. Don't the have Cageless bearings I dont see it to maybe try to find that seems possible there's a 2mm roller

Back