Phantom 85

His question wasn't so much about just the bike and motor though, he wants to know how much everything would cost to improve the chances of the bike being able to do more than just go around the block once or twice...lol.

Question, how much do you two have in your bicycles? Like before the motor and stuff. (if you don't mind saying)

Because it seems like a 150 dollar bike, but obviously you can't just put a phantom 85 on a hyper cruiser and be done...
Not including time and the materials I have used (I used metal I cut out of an old race car) I have about $900 in right now. I'll probably have about what Damien has in his when I'm 100% finished and happy with it.

On mine, total cost with the bike and motor, baskets, tool bag, and rear carrier bag, rear rack free wheel sprocket, upgraded chains, lights/horn, speedo, fenders, hydraulic cable pull calipers, dual pull brake lever, low profile air filter, 1 gallon gas tank, custom wide springer seat, Kevlar tires and self sealing tubes, Mag rims, mirror, etc, and the list goes on and on

I would have about 1400 hundred bucks into it at todays replacement costs if I was to do it again right now...lol...That is what is called "Bidenomics"...lol.

I have been offered 2200 bucks for it and refused it...lol.

And thats not including my homemade front motor mount or homemade rear caliper to frame disk brake adapter which I can't put a price on...lol...lol.

Ps...When I intially built it, around 3 or 4 years ago with the Zeda 80 motor, it was about 800 to 900 bucks...lol.
Just asking because he mentioned (?) a $500 dollar budget (right?). and if he can't afford to put together a safe base to put that powerful engine, it might not be fun to ride at all. with a smaller motor, it's much more possible to just put it on a bike and ride it.

Back