Piston head is really black..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos motors

Local time
7:15 PM
So lately I cant turn on my weed trimer engine and today I went to look what is inside cylnder. And as you can see piston head has big layer of black on top and I think crankshaft is overfilled with fuel and I am not sure if cylnder walls are good..
(Also I am having problems uploading photos on this forum lately. Am I the only one or?)

So lately I cant turn on my weed trimer engine and today I went to look what is inside cylnder. And as you can see piston head has big layer of black on top and I think crankshaft is overfilled with fuel and I am not sure if cylnder walls are good..
It's probably fine, dump the old fuel, turn it over half a dozen times without the plug and leave it go for 15 minutes to air out.

The carb can always develop a problem too. My guess is if there's black build up on the piston head then you are definitely using enough oil and running cool enough that the cylinder is probably just fine.

If it won't start after trying the above pull the carb and inspect it, there could be a float issue or fuel inlet valve issue or clogged jet issue and so on and so on. Check the plug isn't crapped up too

It's probably fine, dump the old fuel, turn it over half a dozen times without the plug and leave it go for 15 minutes to air out.

The carb can always develop a problem too. My guess is if there's black build up on the piston head then you are definitely using enough oil and running cool enough that the cylinder is probably just fine.

If it won't start after trying the above pull the carb and inspect it, there could be a float issue or fuel inlet valve issue or clogged jet issue and so on and so on. Check the plug isn't crapped up too
So spark is good and now I need to put back cylnder and remove sparkplug to air out and before that remove fuel from engine? Also here is rhe picture of highest and lowest piston point and I think that may be the problem.

Attachments

• 20170811_125034.jpg
    20170811_125034.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 20170811_124945.jpg
    20170811_124945.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 20170811_125208.jpg
    20170811_125208.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 20170801_083708.jpg
    20170801_083708.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 20170809_111814.jpg
    20170809_111814.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 20170809_112247.jpg
    20170809_112247.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 20170811_125037.jpg
    20170811_125037.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Screenshot_20170811-153819.png
    Screenshot_20170811-153819.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 181
Everything looks good to me from those pictures, you can even still see some crosshatch above the lowest point on the exhaust port. Just because you can see a spark outside the chamber it doesn't automatically mean its sparking under compression. Maybe try dropping a new plug in after airing it out. If there's excessive amounts of oil in the case that could make starting a difficult task.

Everything looks good to me from those pictures, you can even still see some crosshatch above the lowest point on the exhaust port. Just because you can see a spark outside the chamber it doesn't automatically mean its sparking under compression. Maybe try dropping a new plug in after airing it out. If there's excessive amounts of oil in the case that could make starting a difficult task.
Okay I will try it as soon as posible and let you know about results

So I dumped old fuel and schanged spark plug and now it starts okay but sometimes when I give it wot or 1/2 throttle is starts to die and then I stop for few seconds while motor is stil running and again try to give it gas and sometimes it goes like nothing happend and sometimes like I said

Is the carb bowl clean? I know sometimes crud in the bowl can stall my bike when revving up to wot.. Would also explain why it happens sometimes but not all the time, sometimes something gets in the way and clogs it, then when you let it go it drops back into the bowl until the next time it gets close to the jet and does the same thing.

Is the carb bowl clean? I know sometimes crud in the bowl can stall my bike when revving up to wot.. Would also explain why it happens sometimes but not all the time, sometimes something gets in the way and clogs it, then when you let it go it drops back into the bowl until the next time it gets close to the jet and does the same thing.
(Also I am having problems uploading photos on this forum lately. Am I the only one or?)
If you have carbon build up its from your choice of 2 stroke oil tried many only found one makes the machine run better faster and tuffer up hill its called MotorTec it cleans and protects use it took head off big carbon flakes scrap out and the piston shines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back