PK-80 spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a Zeda type motor. Long stroke, long rod, B type piston with around 3.4mm of blow down and high compression. the box may say PK80, but it's really a A80 with the ZL rod. Fred has it covered on his vid.

That's interesting.....I actually hunted to try not to get the ZEDA

Is it just the head that's the difference?

Dump that junk stock spark plug and get an NGK 5944 BPR7HIX Iridium spark plug.

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9496

They come pre-gapped with a protective cover over the bottom for shipping. Don't mess with it, it's prefect.

NGK6742_d.jpg

I put one of these in every new build.
That way I know any ignition problem is NOT the plug, and depending on your engine choices, it may last you 2 or even 3 engines.
I got some super mags too go as well with some OZ reeds

Yes I know that contradicts me not buying their engine but that was a different reason.

After all the motors i looked at the Zeda was a no brainer..Had i not gone with Zeda it wouldve been a Grubee GT5 of which i plan get one of as well.

On a ride weight of 300lbs using a 32:1 fuel mix and a 44t gear, the zeda 80 is a 40mph motor right out of the box.

After all the motors i looked at the Zeda was a no brainer..Had i not gone with Zeda it wouldve been a Grubee GT5 of which i plan get one of as well.

On a ride weight of 300lbs using a 32:1 fuel mix and a 44t gear, the zeda 80 is a 40mph motor right out of the box.
They have a lot of different motors. Which one are you talking about?

I have no info about a zeda80 being same as a PK80 model motor, but I doubt it - anyone know for sure?

I have no info about a zeda80 being same as a PK80 model motor, but I doubt it - anyone know for sure?
PK80, A type piston, 85mm rod, 40mm stroke, rectangular exhaust port.
Zeda80, B type piston, 89mm rod, 40mm stroke, round exhaust port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back