Please help!! Need bike for work

Chrisgoosen

Local time
8:58 PM
Hi I use my motorized bike (80cc from china to be specific) to and from work. Long story short it starts up just fine runs great for about 15-16 mins then starts jerking a bit then begins to lose power and then get is fine for a sec and loses power and dies. And this happens every single time ride at the EXACT same place on the route both ways to the point I pass a certain spot I just turn it off and pedal. If I don't turn it off 20-40 seconds later it happens. I have set my timer on my odometer as well to be sure I wasn't just imagining it, it's been going on for 7 months

I have brought it to multiple mechanics and all r like ok should be good ( very small town and only motorized bike mechanic is a crazy old guy who only sounds like he knows what he is doing and want some pretty stupid fees .... I.E wanted $250 just to shorten my chain) and nope same thing every time. I thought MAYBE it was a faulty motor or something but this is the second motorized bike this is happening with hence the PLEASE HELP

I'd first check the gas tank is venting properly by riding without the cap tight to see if that helps. Then I'd be looking at things that could overheat after a certain amount of time.

Hey now that could be it, if he was running consistently enough performance wise a part could heat up in the electrical department and cut out.

I'm not convinced this is a serious person yet though so I'll just watch lol...

I pulled the cap off 2 rides ago and it's seemed to go smoother but then continued dying. I have been wondering about the overheating as while as after I shut it off then after 10 min runs fine again. I will say one of the mechanics took out my round column bolt as it came loose in the motor and filed itself down. The mechanic said I didn't need a new one as it is where a pull starter would connect too wether that's true or not I haven't been able to find out. As for the over heating of that is the case then I'm wondering y it's over heating so fast I don't feel any extra friction or resistance and I do keep it well lubed. I opened the header and the piston is completely dry no oil or lube not sure if that's normal and I'm running it at 16:1 which is what the instructions say ( during break in and after both 16:1 which I feel is weird)

Trust me I'm serious I took a video I will post on YouTube later and send a link. This is no prank.

I have just experienced the third bad cdi in a row. all out of brand new pk80 engine kits. They do not go bad till after a few minutes of running. They do so gradually and mimic something causing a rich condition. They spark tests good. If I didn't have a stock of cdi's I ordered from another vendor, and read a post by crassius on a cdi issue he was having earlier I would probably still be scratching my head.

Oh yeah that could be it. Sounds like it makes sense and y the mechanics out here can figure it out. Do u recommend any specific place to order from or any place should be fine?

Back