PLEASE HELP, NEW CDI, NEW MAGNETO, NEW CARBY WONT START FOR THE LIFE OF ME.

Local time
12:18 PM
I got my engine kit from skyhawk the 66cc one and I've become quite experienced with these engines. then suddenly it wouldn't start. at first it began to cough and sputter now it won't run at all. I've tried all new gaskets new carby new magneto, new spark plug, new cdi, fresh fuel. I know its getting spark because i unscrewed the spark plug and put in in the cap and rolled the bike forward and back and saw heaps of blue spark. please help me

Is it getting fuel? Spark plug wet? If you have a spark then it's either 1)not getting fuel 2) no compression 3) air filter blocked

about 500 miles on the engine, its getting compression and no exhaust blockage, engine not seized either
With the information so far my guess is broken ring or rings 500 is enough for it to be broken in , I'd recommend removing the cylinder for a good snoop , before you do tho remove both covers and check the crank seals.

With the information so far my guess is broken ring or rings 500 is enough for it to be broken in , I'd recommend removing the cylinder for a good snoop , before you do tho remove both covers and check the crank seals.
Just finished all that, the rings are fine and the piston and cylinder aren't scored. i use high octane clean fuel and pure synthetic two stroke oil.

if everything you say is good is really good, then it is running - recheck all

if everything you say is good is really good, then it is running - recheck all
Agreed ! One other thing to check is the idle screw on carb make sure it's not bent or able to loosen itself I had one bike a while back the screw was slightly bent and it would loosen itself with the vibes.

ok 1 put a lil fuel in the spark plug hole plug in try n start if it starts then dies fuel blockage

2 is the timeing right it wont start if not right the woodruft ket at 1 o clock not 11

Back