Puncture Proof Tire Liners..... Effective?

Potato_In_Exhaust

Local time
9:57 PM
I'm like a magnet when it comes to attracting thorns, glass, nails,.........hell, I even once got my bicycle tire punctured by a 5 inch hex bolt screw or something strange like that. And I'm tired, sick and tired of forking over money for these tubes that seems to go flat if I even look at it wrong! SO, my question is, does those puncture proof liner does what they claim to do? A good investment in saving myself from being stranded on the side of the road looking defeated?

I'm like a magnet when it comes to attracting thorns, glass, nails,.........hell, I even once got my bicycle tire punctured by a 5 inch hex bolt screw or something strange like that. And I'm tired, sick and tired of forking over money for these tubes that seems to go flat if I even look at it wrong! SO, my question is, does those puncture proof liner does what they claim to do? A good investment in saving myself from being stranded on the side of the road looking defeated?
Take and old tire, cut the bead off, take a strip sheet metal slightly less wife than the tread. glue that to the inside of the tire on your rim. Then glue the tire you cut the bead off of inside the tire with the metal strip. Now you have a steel lined tire. No thorn or cocklebur is going to make it through. Hennessy bottle will, but not plant material.

Nothing is going to be flat proof. I have had great luck with these tires along with super thick Slime tubes. These are huge tires with a really thick tread. I ride it down dirt roads and such but they are not made for high speed performance. The footprint is square so I am not sure how high speed cornering would react. I don't intend to find out.

The only flat I have gotten is from my valve stem leaking after it sat for a year. Replaced the valve stem, not the tube, and it is good to go.

I have seen some recommend Tannus brand tire guard stuff, it looks like it works great but is a bit expensive for me to try when what I have has worked well enough.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Take and old tire, cut the bead off, take a strip sheet metal slightly less wife than the tread. glue that to the inside of the tire on your rim. Then glue the tire you cut the bead off of inside the tire with the metal strip. Now you have a steel lined tire. No thorn or cocklebur is going to make it through. Hennessy bottle will, but not plant material.
I have always thought of using banding strip about 2" strips and putting it on the market. Wonder about tire damage though cutting into the sidewalk.
But for the jelly green crap what an insane thought to ever begin to think it well work. Tried them after breaking down all human logic they ain't gonna work ran my bike over a goat head field sure enough have over a thousand punch tubes junk, hey I want my money back from the bike shop and that was very difficult.

Give up on that opium dream tire liners are not going to work. Green he'll liners so flimsy you use just your thumb nail and puncher it.

The solution Tannus Armour tires no air means no flats it impossible.
Now I tried 3-4 other tires one was Bell solid rubber tube that one work and those tires have a reputation of being handed down to the fourth generation still good for the fifth coming, but they don't make them any more.

I tried the yellow foam inserts what a disaster if you could manage put one just parking your bike gave it a flat.

Next some Chinese solid rubber tire for only $20.00 free shipping the rubber so soft creates drag and wear out within 200 miles the absorb water and when it freezes rubber is going to decay.

Only one solution left Tannus I bought a rear tire cuz only had 2 front tire flats in 2 years on the rear at least 30 a year and every time replacing the innertube and ever other time the tire gets expensive and agony.

Get the Tannus Airless Armour the ride is much better than air very smooth except for strattling a traffic line the tires begin to freak with sideways motions. So I would say after losing all that money on opium dream products get Tannus cost $80.00 each but its the only one that works and it's voted vest tire on Earth from all countries.

Yeah we have a problem of Hennessy growing in the south side of town. Sometimes erraticated with 12 gauge shotgun.🤣😂

Give up on that opium dream tire liners are not going to work. Green he'll liners so flimsy you use just your thumb nail and puncher it.

The solution Tannus Armour tires no air means no flats it impossible.
Now I tried 3-4 other tires one was Bell solid rubber tube that one work and those tires have a reputation of being handed down to the fourth generation still good for the fifth coming, but they don't make them any more.

I tried the yellow foam inserts what a disaster if you could manage put one just parking your bike gave it a flat.

Next some Chinese solid rubber tire for only $20.00 free shipping the rubber so soft creates drag and wear out within 200 miles the absorb water and when it freezes rubber is going to decay.

Only one solution left Tannus I bought a rear tire cuz only had 2 front tire flats in 2 years on the rear at least 30 a year and every time replacing the innertube and ever other time the tire gets expensive and agony.

Get the Tannus Airless Armour the ride is much better than air very smooth except for strattling a traffic line the tires begin to freak with sideways motions. So I would say after losing all that money on opium dream products get Tannus cost $80.00 each but its the only one that works and it's voted vest tire on Earth from all countries.
$80?!! For 1 tire?!! Take my kidney too while you're at it!!

But it is $80 one time. I have no experience with them but with any investment, you can either nickel and dime yourself to death, then take into account all the time fixing and not riding, or you can spend more at once, less in the long run, and do it right.

I have no experience with Tannus, so I'm not recommending Tannus, but I am recommending investing proper the first time for the future ahead. Which may very well be a Tannus.

No option is gonna be "cheap and thuper awethum"

$15 for a set of Nomoreflats or Mr. tuffy tire liners and you're set. They can be used for years from 1 bike to the other. Kevlar lined tire and thorn resistant tubes you're set to go, nuff said!

$15 for a set of Nomoreflats or Mr. tuffy tire liners and you're set. They can be used for years from 1 bike to the other. Kevlar lined tire and thorn resistant tubes you're set to go, nuff said!
Do they still make Mr. Tuffy's?!?!? Holy cow that was what I used back in the day before I got my driver's license and to home base! When I put those in my BMX I never got a flat again. Lived in Puncture Vine Valley, CA. I mean San Joaquin Valley. I am ordering me a set ASAP.

Back