Put new grease in my bike's steer tube bearings and it is smooth.

Ahh, yes, I see it came with the standard amount of grease one gets from a Chinese made product. 1 drop.

The head bearings for my Hawk 250 were that dry out of the crate. Each bearing set had 1 pea sized bit of clear "grease" on it.
Now this bike had a threaded headset so it will dry out overtime but I did not expect dust and loose ball bearings to come falling out.

Ahh, yes, I see it came with the standard amount of grease one gets from a Chinese made product. 1 drop.

Same with Made in China Sealed bearings
I was quite annoyed when a new sealed bearing started squeaking.
Upon popping the rubber seal off and checking if there was any grease in it, I found there wasn't any grease in it

Here's a pic of a new sealed bearing with hardly any grease in it, there is a BB size amount of grease in it

I pop off the rubber seal with a small pick and add more grease
DSCF0889.JPG

DSCF0893.JPG

Then pop the seal back on
DSCF0892.JPG

Upon popping the rubber seal off and checking if there was any grease in it, I found there wasn't any grease in it

Here's a pic of a new sealed bearing with hardly any grease in it, there is a BB size amount of grease in it

I pop off the rubber seal with a small pick and add more grease
View attachment 190727

View attachment 190731
Then pop the seal back on
View attachment 190730
I did the same thing with the wheel bearings on my Hawk for the same reason. They also came dry, as have many cheap bearings I have had in my hands over the years. It's kind of funny to me to think that they are trying to save money so desperately that they cut out the grease lol.

I did the same thing with the wheel bearings on my Hawk for the same reason. They also came dry, as have many cheap bearings I have had in my hands over the years. It's kind of funny to me to think that they are trying to save money so desperately that they cut out the grease lol.
YEP...I have mentioned in the past about "The Great Wall of Grease" shortage in China...lol...lol.

YEP...I have mentioned in the past about "The Great Wall of Grease" shortage in China...lol...lol.

An old standard, greasing caged bearings,
New standard is popping off the seals and greasing new sealed Bearings

Back