Quick question about torque arms

kmarcetjr

Local time
1:27 AM
Guess I should have asked before I put the bike together.
Which direction should your torque arms be? On the front of the forks or on the backside.
I couldn't really find my answer using google.
Does it matter?
I've got a Grin torque arm coming tomorrow from amazon. I might order another, but that would require cutting and splicing the wires to the motor. Not sure I want to do that, but after seeing what can happen without torque arms I definately want as much strength as possible to prevent fork damage and maybe some bodily damage.

Guess I should have asked before I put the bike together.
Which direction should your torque arms be? On the front of the forks or on the backside.
I couldn't really find my answer using google.
Does it matter?
I've got a Grin torque arm coming tomorrow from amazon. I might order another, but that would require cutting and splicing the wires to the motor. Not sure I want to do that, but after seeing what can happen without torque arms I definately want as much strength as possible to prevent fork damage and maybe some bodily damage.
The torque arm goes on the back side of the fork so as to stop the axle from turnning forward it uses the fork for support!

The torque arm goes on the back side of the fork so as to stop the axle from turnning forward it uses the fork for support!

Thanks, it came in the mail today, thank you amazon prime! But seriously, when I opened the package I was more than a little surprised by the thickness of it. Very well made fits on my axle bolt just like a glove, no play at all. I had it installed in about 10 minutes. If it works as well as it looks, I'd recommend Grin arms.

Back